[🛑 IPO] Freetrade

Monzo is not primarily crowdfunded. It’s raised £325m… under £25m from the crowd.

3 Likes

TIL!
(filling up chars)

AJ Bell has done really well since listing! There’s a certain status in being a listed stockbroker, having your shares listed on competitor platforms.

Imagine investors on Hargreaves viewing a Freetrade IPO! It would create loads of switching from the extra awareness and increased trust in the brand!

It’s obviously a way off and it might not be best for shareholders, but there is an argument in Freetrade doing an earlier IPO :thinking:

7 Likes

Any estimates or insider information about when Freetrade will IPO

At least another three years

2 Likes

You got it spot on :wave::wave::wave::wave::wave:!
I hope you don’t mind me sharing this Adam

7 Likes

So Freetrade targeting an IPO or listing via SPAC in the next 2-3 years … That would be unreal :exploding_head:

2 Likes

Straight from the horses mouth,3 years. I guess once you have built the foundations it takes a 10th of the time to replicate it in other markets. So I guess that’s where @adam is coming from. The company can then be 100% customer focused and just needs to maintain and tweak the product(the app and desktop) as they grow.

1 Like

We can have an IPO party on my 30th birthday. What a treat :partying_face:

5 Likes

Hopefully not a zoom one :joy:

6 Likes

I think now because of Covid and the Sweden failure that the IPO will now be in 2026/27

1 Like