Is anyone else following the Citron short seller vs WallStreetBets chaos?

Iā€™m sure theyā€™re terrified of having to pay a $1000 fine, being told they were naughty in front of a committee meeting and then being set loose again.

3 Likes

Fair enough. I was just responding in the same manner in which I was spoken to. Edited now

2 Likes

Understood. The rules for everyone, itā€™s there to make sure the forum can be a critical place for discussion. Not a slanging match. Just wanted to add context to why yours may have been flagged.

12 Likes

Blah blah blah an MP with a flag next to his name and who doesnā€™t even mention which party heā€™s in in his Twitter bioā€¦ blah blah. Zzzā€¦

Now hereā€™s a proper opinionā€¦ and this isnā€™t a one off Tweet. Mr Rule has been very vocal and very busy on Twitter today. I hope heā€™s a guest writer for the Financial Times soon. I wonder what he thinks about AJ Bell.

16 Likes

Best place to put this?

1 Like

Oo, will try to watch that on catch up :+1::wink:

1 Like

The real cringe is LBC radio dedicating an hour mentioning millennials talking about the GameStop saga and Influencers in Dubai.

Mainstream media trying to be young.

3 Likes
1 Like

Thanks but I could already tell by the exagerrated nationalism of an emoji flag and the absence of his party in his Twitter bio that he belonged to that particular party. Itā€™s a common trait and something I assume theyā€™ve all been told to do.

1 Like

Hedge funds lost 70+ Billion yesterday :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Literally :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Thanks for the entertainment

No worries about over short selling though

Yeah, itā€™s like just another risk for them to manage, rather than reflecting for a moment that shorting is in any way wrong.

1 Like

citron :clap: i like some of the research theyre net positive for the financial community. their GME call was unfortunate

Shorting is not wrong per se. Itā€™s useful. Itā€™s the result of private investigation that can unveil fraud at the corporate level. Think Enron. Short selling is just the way those private investigators have at their disposal to achieve economic gains to pay for their efforts.

This is what short selling is all about. Or at least what it should be. Short sellers are often demonised. I desagree with the idea that the short sellers are the bad guys.

There are however abusive behaviours amongst short sellers. The GME over-short is just an example of it. They placed a risky bet by over-short and got caught with their pants down. And now they will go under. And the whole system is at risk. But instead of addressing the root of the problem, they focus on managing it, which may mean that overshorting may happen againā€¦

(To be continued)

3 Likes

Disagree: If you donā€™t like a company, you donā€™t invest. Simples. Put your money in competing companies.

2 Likes

What exactly do you disagree with?

I think shorting is bad: it is actively hoping for a company to fail. I donā€™t think that is a right mindset.

2 Likes