ISA transfers are here 🚚

I asked for an update a couple of times. Freetrade tried their best to keep me updated, but I think Nutmeg sent the payment via CHAPS, so it was a bit ‘Nothing to tell you’ ‘Nothing to tell you’ ‘Oh its here already!’

Nutmeg haven’t sent any contributions data across yet so I’m still a little in limbo.

Before transfer I have to sell these?

They are different shares so I would imagine you have to sell your shares.

Mine came through today. The money went out of the cash ISA on Friday night. Very smooth and easy, all I had to do was fill in a form and post it.

3 Likes

My shares have just been transferred through. Just waiting for the cash to move into the account too now.

Best part is, Freetrade know the price at which I bought my shares so the profit/loss percentage for the shares still remains! I thought the P/L % would have reset to start at the value of my shares when the transfer was completed, so it’s a nice surprise!

I’m excited that I can now buy/sell within an ISA and not be charged!

3 Likes

Still waiting on mine… Transferring our of HSBC who usually take their sweet time with any process

Some progress on my transfer, my Lloyds ISA account is closed now, waiting for funds to appear on FT.

1 Like

Just noticed the same as well, the money is out of my old ISA account but not in Freetrade. Hopefully will get sorted next week!

Is it possible to transfer a portion of an ISA (i.e. selected lines of stock)?

I believe so, they asked me for specific guidance of what I want transferred

Anything added in the current tax year has to be transferred in full.

off topic @Jim_mcgrain is that your cat on your profile pic? very cool :cat2:

Ha ha no - this chap from 11 Downing St: ( and his Xmas appeal )

3 Likes

The internet loves cats, so apologies for this one little message:

Please donate to your local shelter and/rehome a little furry friend, as it is autumn and it’s getting colder for stray four legged friends of ours. Loads of them would love a home with a :freetrade: account, so they can chase the stock tickers all day and all night.

Visit Battersea Cats and Dogs for cool videos.

End of message.

:cat: :dog:

Back to ISAs.

3 Likes

My ISA transfer is now complete. Whole process took about 4wks, of which 5 days was waiting for BACS transfer to clear.

Quite effortless from my side, was only asked to confirm some details once and that’s it.

Do we have an indication as to when we will start paying for ISAs and how? Will there be a direct debit to our bank accounts or taken out of our cash balance? I generally tend to not leave too much cash sitting uninvested so would be good to know.

6 Likes

7 weeks and counting, still not done.

I am in the same boat.

Who is your current ISA provider? Mine is HL and they are taking absolutely ages at no fault of Freetrade as per my understanding. I’ve sent off the documents at the beginning of September. Chased them last week about the fact that they are being ridiculously slow and I feel that it’s unacceptable only for them to get back with a generic answer that we have received your request and it is currently in the queue of being processed.
Is there anything that regulates how much time they can take with this as it seems it will never happen at this point.

According to the government website, it should take no more than 30 days:

If you’re not happy with your provider’s response, you can complain to the Financial Ombudsman Service (details provided on the gov website).

1 Like

From my experience all providers take about the same 30 days. If it’s been more than that then formally complain.

1 Like

My cash ISA transfers were very quick in the past between different providers. This is my first S&S transfer of actual stocks… My transfer form was received on 4th of September. So coming to 2 months soon.