iShares Global Clean Energy ETF - INRG

I am going to wait and see if the FT have the other ETF discussed here then cut my loss and move across

2 Likes

https://www.etf.com/sections/features-and-news/wind-turns-clean-energy-etfs

1 Like

The pullback is okay, but I do want to see more from the ETF. Sadly, this bugger is the main reason my portfolio net is in the negative and I don’t even have that much in it. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Another pullback on this is due tomorrow as Plug is down 12% after hours

4 Likes

Worrying errors to make tbh.

It’s a long term hold 3-5 years. It’s a great time to top up on this particular ETF. I notice way too many people here speculating and trying time this stuff. Just invest in something you believe in and wait.

5 Likes

Still up 50% here but it was over 100% not that long ago. I’ll be sitting tight for now.

I’m buying more shares every month. I have a lot of faith in this ETF long term.

4 Likes

I did get worried this morning, but just averaging down now, so all good. Its certainly a long term hold anyway.

1 Like

Think I’ll move into the green energy discussed if available

They’re still looking into it apparently. Isn’t it down this month, along with all the other clean energy ETFs? Tbh, I’m interested in it because 104 holdings is a lot better than 30. Only downside to it is the higher fees. =/

1 Like

Massive investor inflows into two BlackRock exchange traded funds pinned on just 30 clean energy stocks may force the asset manager to sell billions of dollars worth of shares to prevent it building up overly large holdings in the companies.
The potential sales of two New Zealand energy companies would represent the amount that is typically traded in 40-50 days in order to comply with a dramatic index rebalancing.
The exchange traded funds might also need to offload more than 10 per cent of the free-float market capitalisation of some other companies if the shake-up proceeds as proposed next month, according to Société Générale, which revealed its views in a narrowly circulated report produced for clients.
“I bet every hedge fund is looking at that list to work out where they can buy these stocks so they can sell them short,” said Peter Sleep, senior portfolio manager at 7 Investment Management.

More here

2 Likes

Thank for the info. The article is behind a paywall for me. I’m already about 12% down on this. Wondering if it’s best to jump ship or hold on for better days.

Not advice, just a guideline:

3 Likes

This is an interesting section :

2 Likes

Excuse my ignorance, but what is this news likely to mean for INRG?

I’m down 26%. Might as well wait it out at this point!

1 Like

Take from this what you will: ( from the same FT article )

In general if you’re keen on investing and can spare the cash for an FT digital subscription ( £200/year ) it’s a great read.

1 Like

Assuming it doesn’t get any worse, rather than writing this off I think I am going to stick with it during this bumpy period. Greater diversification can only be a good thing!

This document is not behind a paywall and you can see the current list of 30 and the consultation of list of what stocks may be included following the rebalancing.

https://www.spglobal.com/spdji/en/documents/additional-material/sp-global-clean-energy-index-consultation-analysis-summary.xlsx

1 Like

Thanks Jim - much appreciated

2 Likes