ITM Power - ITM - Share Chat

All my green energy stocks are all down by 5-30%. So many reds on the portfolio lol :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Yh I see no news but its red across the board on green energy and a lot of other things

1 Like

Yes, yesterday the majority of the stock market was red, well for my stocks anyways (portfolio quite diverse). So don’t panic! If you can and funds allow, average down, this stock is, personally for me, a long term stock :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Ouch… What a poor day :pensive: what the hell is happening in the green sector ?

It’s taking a kicking isn’t it…

Nothing to worry about in a long-term period, IMO.

1 Like

Ooooof. Big blow just now

1 Like

Hit my emergency stoploss today, I’ve been in ITM for so long it feels like an old friend has gone. :cry: Good luck guys.

3 Likes

I think that must have been a load of stop losses being triggered

That was a nice bounce we just had

Any idea what has prompted this? ITM, CERES, XPEV of mine all down big. Buy time?

Probably just a correction, they are down on the last 30days, but are still massively up since 1 yr ago.

These are stocks where enornous amounts of future growth is priced in, so the slightest hesitancy can make them plummet…

There still a lot of potential downside left, even after this weeks sell-off

1 Like

I know it seems painful but itm really is going to be part of the future. The market for replacing grey hydrogen with green hydrogen is nearly 40TW in uk alone. People have jumped on the band wagon without knowing the fundamentals. I dont know where the bottom is but long term this is a great chance to DCA and basically have a massive discount if you truly believe in the company. It seems scary. Try and keep the faith.

4 Likes

Talk of rising inflation is prompting a move away from US tech stocks and into commodities. As simply speaking growth stocks that are priced based on potential future earnings are worth less with higher inflation. Some analysts with pedigree in this area, like Jeremy Grantham and Michael Burry, are calling the end of the tech bubble/bull run. That’s not to say that ITM hasn’t got long term legs but it’s likely to be a very bumpy ride for growth/tech stocks in the short term.

3 Likes

I agree, I believe inflation is playing a part here in the stock market as most of my stocks seem to be down since Monday. Also agree the bumpy ride ahead, but long term holding will pay off I’m sure :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Tough day but fully expect ITM to bounce back. We have to expect volatility when they have a market cap in the billions but revenues of £20M. Reality is there is going to be limitless growth ahead for electrolyser companies and ITM combined with Linde are best in the business.

1 Like

£20m?? where did you read that?

Their revenue is only £5.4m, and £2.1m of that is a grant given to them by the goverment.

see annual report

Kind of ridiculous for a company with a market cap of £3b!

Apologies - £20m was an approximation I was making of where I think their annual revenue is right now. Covid impact forced a lot of deferred revenue recognition in 2020. Should have made that clearer. They had income of £17.5M in 2019 and pipeline and order backlog both never been higher so I think £20M is a reasonable estimate for current state of play. Appreciate that wasn’t what I said previously but the basic point was that this is a low revenue company currently but with huge growth prospects. No denying the valuation is divorced from where they are today so volatility should be expected. Its a question of what value you put on their future prospects. I’m personally very confident they will ramp up to hundreds of million in revenue very quickly but accept others will see this differently.

1 Like

Revenue for 2019 was around 5m

No revenue was £17.5M. Grant money is still money and relevant for a industry at this stage of its development. Either way looking only at past revenues as a way of assessing this company isn’t that sensible in my opinion. Agree that the valuation is still out of synch with where they are today but they have a real shot at grabbing market share in a huge emerging sector and I’m expecting several years of high growth. Its a gamble for sure but I got into this stock when it was at 20p and have been watching their progress for a long time.

3 Likes