ITM Power - ITM - Share Chat

1 Like

It’s a Motley Fool article - posted to Yahoo Finance.

Every week, for every stock on the planet, they seem to have 5 articles saying it’s time to buy and another 5 for the same stock saying it’s time to sell. It’s all very clickbaity to drive sign ups to their website.

11 Likes

I know, but my focus was on that information about HL investors. Honestly, I normally don’t pay attention If MT analysts are buying or selling.

1 Like

So the ÂŁITM ticker is still the power and the motive parts of the business?

In effect there isn’t anything lost from the balance sheet for £ITM shareholders as a result of this spin off?

Yes, it’s wholly owned so everything is in the same company as it was, it’s just that part of it is now wrapped up in a new company container. This is what people were allegedly concerned about as it’s made it easier to sell that subsidiary off reducing the overall value of the company (it’s obviously not as black and white as that).

2 Likes

Agreed, i’ve read a lot of MF articles and listened to a lot of their pods and would not put too much stock (see what I did there…?) in anything they say… You have to wonder as a subscription service provider if their free tips are merely trying to pump previous paid tips and you’re being invited at the end of the party and handed the bin bags full of empties… MF’s…

4 Likes

Some clarity from ITM would be usefull wrt how exactly they’re going to manage the split. They can potentially split it into two companies and proportion the shares out accordingly, which inevitably would put one of the two on the back foot.

1 Like

ITM Motive is a whole owned subsidiary. It doesn’t have shares. If it does well the ITM Power share price will go up and vice versa.

This latest drop is nothing to do with that. The split makes perfect sense as it means Motive can move freely in a totally differently regulated industry. Without constant decision making from parent company.

This last drop has more to do with a sector wide drop and a lot of that is to do with sector ETFs selling ITM (which had been doing well) to make up for the loss of companies like Bollard and Plug.

You shouldn’t worry too much bc this is an emerging market and ITM won’t make a profit till 2024. So just stay calm. Buy the dips and 2030 you will thank 2021 you. The fundamentals havnt changed

7 Likes

Congratulations on your birthday as a member of the community. :cake:

2 Likes

Lol thanks

1 Like

A large investment in green hydrogen from German boosted some green stocks this week. That’s promising I think.

2 Likes

Likely to be a big news day tomorrow. Linde giving a company presentation in the morning with ITM presenting to share holders in the afternoon.

6 Likes

Hurrah! Finally back in the green

4 Likes

Never doubt ITM! I pick up some more share at 4 (I should have waited for a little more and have a better entry point) when it was falling a month ago. Nice to see it building some positive momentum!

3 Likes

Nice gains! I got in too late. Got some more in the dip but not enough to average down far enough. Let’s hope we see £7 again this year.

3 Likes

Hi Alessio,

Just to let you know if you cover the value of your shares, you should also cover the number of shares you have.

For privacy both need to be covered, else it’s very obvious to work out how much you have, and with a bit of maths work out your average buy in price!

3 Likes

Not at huge issue honestly but thank you for the thought.

4 Likes

Hi All, am curious, any particular reason for the jump? not that I’m complaining!

Big visit from Chile officials. Looks like a big order is in the works. This is only the beginning. Your future self will thankyou so much for any ITM you buy today.

ITM is going to play a big role in the future

7 Likes

I bought in this week and now they’ve dropped… What’s happening have I made a wrong decision to buy these?