Kingfisher - KGF

Owners of household name DIY stores such as B&Q and Screwfix, this leading home improvement retailer has over a thousand stores.

Does this news push Kingfisher further up your watchlist?

I thought the DIY phase possibly ended when the lockdowns were over. There’s an attractive yield and P/E …

Screwfix are more like a drop-in wearhouse than a store which you can browse. Most people would look on online then go there to collect the item.

Home to the B&Q & Screwfix brands, over 1300 stores across nine countries.

Current dividend yield - 5.73%

Recently booted out of the FTSE 100. :boot:

B&Q and Screwfix parent company Kingfisher has been relegated from the FTSE 100 following a quarterly reshuffle of the sought-after stock market ranking.

Anyone buying on for that yield? Or is the 50% decline in value since 2015 make it too hot to handle? :hot_pepper:

I’ not sure, you always need these places. Your halfway through a project with limited time and its all stop if you can’t get certain basic items quickly. But considering the size of my local branch it usually feels a bit post apocalyptic wandering around in there nearly alone. More staff than customers

1 Like

Not an in depth analysis I know, but sometimes we can forget the grass roots of a business

1 Like

Screwfix :+1:

In this video I analyse Kingfisher stock using fundamental analysis. Is KGF stock a buy?

I go through Kingfisher’s business summary, sales breakdown & financial statements to get an understanding of the business. After this, I go through my analysis checklist and then value Kingfisher stock using the discounted free cashflow method.

Kingfisher plc is a British multinational retailing company headquartered in London, with regional offices located across the United Kingdom, France, Poland and Romania.

It has over 1,300 stores in nine countries, and its brands include B&Q, Castorama, Brico Dépôt and Screwfix. Kingfisher is listed on the London Stock Exchange, and is a constituent of the FTSE 100 Index.

Adjusted pre-tax profits fell to £474 million in the six months to 31 July, down from £677 million year-on-year

Despite sales falling 4.1% to £6.8 billion, the retail group pointed out that sales were still “significantly” ahead of pre-pandemic levels.

1 Like