Launch in Belgium?

When is freetrade coming to Belgium?

3 Likes

We’ll look at further countries depending on how the first few (Ireland, Holland, Germany, France) go early next year. We’ll keep you posted on social and on the newsletter! :+1:

3 Likes

Hurry up and lunch in Belgium. There is nothing available! I have friends who are crying out for this.

The closest I found was curvo.eu for managed ETFs charging 1% a year uncapped.

CGT: There is no CGT in Belgium.
Dividends: the first 800 euros of dividends are tax free. Payments above this are taxed at 30%.

Thus Belgium dividend Investors are rare. Buying and selling stocks and ETFs are more profitable.

5 Likes

Have you looked at Bux Zero? Looks a bit like FT. I have no experience. I am still in the UK but when I finally move to Belgium, I really would like to have FT there as I don’t want to sell and rebuy my portfolio.

1 Like

I just tried to download Bux Zero but sadly their app is “not available in your region”

Weird, I think they have no restrictions on Belgium. Anyone else can try it?
Other alternatives are maybe Mexem, they are based in Cyprus and also have a lowcost model. But for ease of use, nothing beats FT. I really hope they launch soon.

1 Like

Are you in Belgium?

1 Like

No. but I want to see the app.

I know Belgians who want to invest, but they cannot use FT.

That’s the issue then. Most finance apps block foreign app store/ play store downloads.

1 Like

Hi, I think I should disagree.

Belgian financial institutions/banks seldom block. I see all these banks available in the UK Apple app store:

Germany:
N26 bank is available in the UK app store.
Commerzbank
HypoVereinsbank

Belgium:
KBC
Beobank
BNP Paribas
Keytrade
Argenta
aion bank
Belfius
Even the Belgian federal ID pass and their CovidSafe apps are available e.g itsMe

Netherlands
Rabobank
ABN AMRO
iDeal ( major Dutch payment company )

ING : Netherland, Spain and many other countries.
Barclays Bank : all over the world and on the UK app store.

And so on.

When they do block it is mostly out of ignorance.

2 Likes

Fair point. Most of the ones that I wanted to use/tested were blocked, so I deduced that this is a norm. Seems like it isn’t. :+1:

1 Like