Low latency APIs

Hi Freetrade,

Is there some API available to try out your brokerage services? I would like to do some L2 market data analysis, and place some execution trades at your platform.

I would prefer to start from low-latency APIs since it involves trading. Either something similar to IB-API (C++), or FIX gateways would be fine.

Can you also share with me the costs involved to setup such a brokerage account for this type of connectivity?

Kind regards,
Tama MA

3 Likes

At the moment APIs that enable you to place orders aren’t on our roadmap. We do have an #ideas for read-only APIs here [Feature Request 🔧] APIs for Accessing User Portfolio. So it’d be great if you could create another topic for an API with this type of functionality, as you’ll be using it for a different purpose :raised_hands:

I should mention that we’re building a service for long term investors, rather than day traders though so we may struggle to provide something that suits your needs if it’s the latter that you’re looking to do :cold_sweat:

1 Like

Hey, any plans to provide execution APIs or FIX connectivity etc. for those of us who don’t have the cahoneys for manual trading?

1 Like

Hey, we’ve shared some more details about our plans for APIs in this topic so I’ve moved your post over to keep all of the votes & discussion in one place.

Ask away if you have any more questions :slight_smile:

Thanks for the info :smiley:
Sort of guilty as charged - not looking to day trade but my holding period would be about 2-3 weeks. Unlike OP, I’d want to execute market and/or limit orders within a minute timeframe, but would typically trade near close (London) so maybe the rolling up / netting against other liquidity takers thing you’re proposing would work for me.