Market volatility, $GME and $AMC

Yes and normally on WSB theres about 20 meme stocks at once with people on both sides, usually both calling manipulation and no-one takes any notice.

Hopefully that will return :joy:.

1 Like

Exactly what I have been saying another thread, with some replying FT is not a day trading app, I do get that itā€™s not a day trading app but there are times when you need FT to be more transparent with its pricing as itā€™s so slow to update on volatile stocks. I was estimating FT at being at least 15 mins behind , if itā€™s going to be that slow, can we not get another level of confirmation of the price once itā€™s been found?

1 Like

Thatā€™s a US Trust and like other US funds is currently not available on FT for regulatory reasons.
Take a look at SSLN (iShares Physical Silver) or PHSP (WisdomTree Physical Silver), both in Ā£ but tracking the price of physical silver.
The iShares version has slightly lower fund fees.

Thatā€™s a great interview by @Viktor, exactly why I chose to stick with FT. Freetrade on the GameStop Short Squeeze - YouTube

1 Like

Due to a sudden and unexpected decision by our FX provider, and their bank, to limit our volume of trades, we have been forced to disable buy orders on US stocks today.

This includes buy orders that have been placed ahead of market open.

You will still be able to place a sell order on US stocks and if you have placed a sell order ahead of market open this will still be executed, though with some delay.

We are deeply unhappy with this decision and we are doing everything possible to rectify the situation.

4 Likes

Thatā€™s disappointing. Understand itā€™s out of your control though.

3 Likes

this should be its own pinned thread on the forum and immediately clear in app - this will cause incredible bad press and destroy the amazing work done yesterday to keep the platform up and running if its not communicated clearly to users

3 Likes

Oh dear, there will be a million complaints now.

Out of your control - true. Gonna hit Freetradeā€™s reputation with all the new users regardless - almost certainly.

The original post displayed the FX provider and their bank (not Freetradeā€™s bank) which was very transparent - currencycloud and Barclays for anyone interested.

2 Likes

This is OUTRAGEOUS. Threaten the FX provider with a lawsuit.

6 Likes

the strange comments have started already!! https://twitter.com/ryan_murton/status/1355162334373806082

Oh ffs itā€™s happening here too now :frowning:. I donā€™t understand how this kind of open attempt to force to market to do what ā€œtheyā€ want can happen. What will the consequences be on all these companies doing this sort of thing?

1 Like

I want refund of Plus for this month. And the company should sue your FX provider for damages.

7 Likes

A refund of a month for a day of restrictions seems a bit extreme, letā€™s all be sensible here

1 Like

Donā€™t charge for a service you canā€™t provide.

I support the company but this will cost more more than 9.99

4 Likes

I agree in that some sort of refund would be in good faith

Everyone knew the dangers when they bought into the company, or at least should have. End of the day itā€™s a risk that you felt was appropriate to make, respect all decisions but when it turns out wrong then thatā€™s just the way it goes sometimes

All US buying (and not selling) is suspended? How are people still defending this? Itā€™s blatant market manipulation? (by the FX broker and their bank ofc)

1 Like

This is understandably beyond your control. Wondering, however, what the cost of redundant FX providers would be? There shouldnā€™t be a single point of failureā€¦

4 Likes