Megathread - Crowdfunding

About Cowboy, has anyone ever heard of these “Beneficial Interest Rights” the company is issuing, instead of regular shares? Cowboy says that’s the only way they can allow people to invest through CC’s nominee, which is just not true. So I’m struggling to figure out why a company would rather do that instead of issuing preferred or ordinary shares

8 Likes

Yeah I was thinking the same thing. I might withdrawal my investment in the cool down period. I just don’t feel a part of their journey as a investor if they can’t even issue simple ordinary shares at least. And someone asked how they will keep investors updated after funding and they couldn’t give a clear answer. That’s something they should have figure out before asking for money. But maybe with ‘beneficial of rights’ they are not obligated to communicate with investors.

2 Likes

Big Drop Brewing has opened preregistration for crowdfunding - https://bigdropbrewing.seedrs.com/

They were at Brewdog’s AF event last weekend and only brew AF beers. Seem to have won a lot of awards as well.

I actually loved the ad! really nice but a bit expensive.

are you investing in Big Drop Lucas? i think this is a very hard market to compete in. :beer:

Agree craft beer in general is very saturated market. AF I think provides opportunities for new entrants. Big Drop seems to be doing well & have product that you actually want to drink!

1 Like

Depending on valuation/financials I will prob invest a small amount. I do see AF as a big growth market which makes the like of big drop a potential acquisition target.

But in general the beer market is completely saturated and I wouldn’t invest.

Talking to the guy at the event they apparently brewed an AF beer for the NHS for patients who shouldn’t drink - just a trial. They then gave the recipe to the NHS…?? Either way a lot of growth for AF beer.

2 Likes

Regarding cowboy, as far as I understand they will issue Preferred shares which will still hold voting power and have preferred treatment regarding return on capital on “certain circumstances “ (usually this is at a potential default, preferred shares have priority to get payed before ordinary shares).

That being said, can never be sure unless we read the articles of association which is a rather dry and hard read

2 Likes

Hey Lee - glad to hear you are a fan (and thanks Google Analytics for directing me here)

If you are interested in Crowdfunding - let me know :innocent:

(… also your post is number #420 :v:)

10 Likes

Hey, if there’s a way to a secret back door for it, I’d like to know too :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

Hey Jamie - hooray for Google Analytics! Definitely interested in Crowdfunding! Would love to know more!

2 Likes

Anyone tried Paysend?

How do you get access to their deck and current funding? Tnx.

double tap/click ‘launching 2020’ :wink:

Enjoy

5 Likes

Magic!!! Love it :heart_eyes:

But why CC and not Seedrs :unamused:

Where does it say they’re using CC?

It says CC or Seedrs not decided yet.

Because of the #

Your capital is at risk. Please #InvestAware

2 Likes

Ah, didn’t catch that!

1 Like