Megathread - Crowdfunding

I wouldnā€™t invest in any blockchain crowdfunding project if I could invest in the token directly. As the token gives you liquidity that crowdfunding doesnā€™t.

Travala.com is one of those that has done incredibly well, I didnā€™t invest in the crowdfunding as they already had a token listed on an exchange. I think the token is up x45 since I invested :exploding_head:

1 Like

Crypterium have their own tokens, ā€˜CRPTā€™ it seems.
@hookedinvesting

The world definitely needs another crypto wallet/bankā€¦:definitely not enough of those of the crowdfunding sites ;o)

3 Likes

Thanks, but not looking for another.

1 Like

Hey There! Tremendous effort to secure those 20K GEOS. Who knows where this is going but so far itā€™s been an excellent investment as both the GEO value rapidly appreciates together with the companyā€™s valuation as well. So well done you!

Coconut is also hopefully an interesting one. Started well but keen to see progress as itā€™s been a while since the last update.

Good luck out thereā€¦:ok_hand:t3::facepunch:t3:

2 Likes

I received an investor update from Coconut only a couple of weeks ago (18th March).

Not much info in the email but theyā€™ve got a webinar at 17:30 this Tuesday to run through progress and fundraising.

Might be worth checking your junk mail? Otherwise I can forward you the email.

2 Likes

Oh yes please that would be really good of you. TY!

Iā€™ve had this issue before with my email not being included in the circulation. Iā€™ll connect with Sam again.

:ok_hand:t3:

Indeed same for me itā€™s my first venture into this space so lots of learning so far and a huge amount more ahead of me. Hopefully then allows me to understand enough to invest in others. The token bonuses we have had alone could be massive. One of my bonuses was 1 GEO per 7.5 ā‚¬ cents so approx 16 GEOs per Ā£1 invested. 16 GEOs now are worth ~Ā£20. Noice.

Could all evaporate but this is looking tasty so far :crossed_fingers:t3:

1 Like

Same here, just subscribed to the ASA. They seem to have got all the basics rights: Good product, good list of initial customers, all they need now is to scale plus their coms and branding are always high quality. There been significant dilution though from what I can work out.

2 Likes

Interested if people have a view on Tred raising on CC. Iā€™m a very experienced investor but have done v little in the Fintech space.

From a helicopter view I really like the concept. My questions are around defensibility of USP.

I also think this is quite interesting. To me the key thing is that this is not a Fintech based on offering a better service at a lower price (say a Freetrade :grinning:) but one where you will pay a premium but be offered better options on how to be green for a cost. (I donā€™t know much about Bulb but perhaps an example) it is not competing on price. The two founders are not experienced entrepreneurs but have some interesting consulting oriented backgrounds. Crowdfunding and community could be powerful here

Their current offering looks like it will be a very niche product. Iā€™m not sure the proposition of planting trees is enough to get many people to switch their bank account.

As Monzo are finding running a safe, compliant banking system is expensive and margins are slim (hence Monzo moving more into loans).

I also donā€™t see what stops Monzo from implementing something similar as an option in their app

Personally it seems more like a feature than a full product

2 Likes
2 Likes

Seedrs are introducing a new fee 1% transaction fee from 1st May 2021.

Crowdcube also recently introduced a 5% carry ( success ) fee on profits made on companies you invested in after 1st of April 2021. Only place I heard about their price change was on this forum.

Oh well!

10 Likes

Thatā€™s disappointing (as was finding out about the Crowdcube carry fee on the FT forum). I appreciate they have to make money, but given how high risk crowdfunding investments are, it does reduce the appeal to me

3 Likes

Vitracash just went live on crowdcude. I hear it has similarities to Curve, which I hadnā€™t seen. Looked kind of interesting

1 Like

I donā€™t see the point. The people savy enough to use vitracash are also savy enough to just use Revolut or Monzo when needed. I donā€™t see the market potential. Curve is struggling as well, even though the idea is sound. Cardless payments killed it (I havenā€™t used a physical card in a year with google/apple pay being a thing).

7 Likes

If I invested in Freetrade in the past and decide to invest again on Freetrade after the new 5% carry fee. When I obtain profits, Creowdcube will apply the fee only to the new investment or to my entire Freetrade position? Because it says in ā€œcompaniesā€, not in ā€œroundsā€ after 1st of April. :thinking::thinking:

Assuming you sell through the crowdcube platform.

Unless things changed in recent rounds then your shares are held on the freetrade register, not in the crowdcube nominee account.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s the exact wording as it currently stands.

Unlikely to apply to investments before 1st April 2021. Also, I donā€™t see how they can apply it to Freetrade, given we are direct shareholders but who knows given the poor communication around it.

Let us know what they say if you query themā€¦

3 Likes