Megathread - Crowdfunding

1. I agree that the traditional office is dead but office space definitely isnā€™t, people still need a space they can work together and those spaces will need furniture.

2. I can see them being quite useful for field work , but I see your point as well

I still disagree on the first point. But good point on the second one. Didnā€™t think about field work at all, makes it a much bigger market when keeping that in mind :+1:

Not sure why they restrict to office as there are god knows how many other ventures that could use this kind of furniture from bars and restaurants through to shops and cinemas. Everywhere needs furniture.

1 Like
3 Likes

People/customers donā€™t understand the tiny, miniture, margin on gas and electric, if any. The bigger companies are only staying afloat due to diversity in other areas I.e boiler care, tado, hive etc.

Did anyone invest in WIT Fitness and have any idea what the share price currently is?

Nice to see Toast smash their NYSE IPO!

I am interested to see the impact of this on the Vita Mojo valuation, but I doubt they will be raising for a while, so it wonā€™t become evident.

The recent advanced subscription agreement is coming up to the automatic conversion date shortly, which could be a great benefit to investors in the circumstances!

5 Likes

what was the valuations of Vita Mojo in each round please? if you have the numbers of courseā€¦
are they raising soon?

I believe the original crowdfunding and follow-on rounds in 2017 and 2018 were at Ā£19,9M, but it was a very different business back then - restaurant vs software.

I think they are moving towards profitability now, so unlikely to be raising soon and if they do it would probably be offered to existing investors only.

3 Likes

Getting excited here :slight_smile:

Hope VM is not raising soon and the advance subscription converts to Ā£60M valuation. It would be good for those who subscribed as we can be very hopeful of a much higher valuation in the next round.

I also hope VM speeds up their expansion.

4 Likes

The magic date is 13th October (6 months after the ASA was signed). Given the progress over the past few years and hopefully at an accelerated rate over the past 6 months (would be good to get an update to validate this) Ā£60M would be v tasty.

Assuming they have the firepower to really ramp up their ā€œland and expandā€ approach with customers, this could be MASSIVE. Particularly keen to see their progress in the US. If they get that right that will be the difference between being good and great.

Like my user name. We wait :eyes: :mantelpiece_clock::rofl:

3 Likes

they do not seem to be interested in doing another crowdfunding roundā€¦only private ones

I invested in ioLight.

I didnā€™t convince in Rype office but invested a small amount as been overfunded quickly.

I was wondering why ioLight even the pitching looks excellent didnā€™t smash target quicker like Rype.

Also Redirecting to /login?redirect_to=L2NvbXBhbmllcy9yZW50ZXJ6L3BpdGNoZXMvYlhkZ3pi

At first launching, I had few opinions here, but I kept watching.

Iā€™m now more convinced in investing with Renterz after posting some updates on industry examples and differences between them and others.

I think investors in this field donā€™t bother to look deep into it, just link it with other crowded market.

2 Likes

They initially ran a crowdfunding round when they had 3 restaurants and lots of consumer clients, but these are no longer applicable given B2B Enterprise SaaS focus.

I donā€™t think theyā€™ll ever run another crowdfunding campaign, and if they do it will be a red flag as crowdfunding works best for B2C startups looking to gain customers as well

1 Like

So we basically in other words we missed the trainā€¦they seem to be doing pretty well

1 Like

I think both these companies will fail unfortunately give you very little,if any return on your investment.

Thank you, can you please let me know why you think that? It is good to have a more comprehensive opinion before the campaign closes.

1 Like

Regarding Renterz the property market is absolutely saturated with companies and they donā€™t offer anything unique.
iOLight will struggle to sell in the mass market. I canā€™t really offer anymore. You should not take my opinion as financial advice.

Thank you, of course not; I appreciate personal opinion helps to broaden my perspective.

The way I see it is the opposite; Renterz has utterly unique technology that might make a significant change in the market.

I have been two weeks researching the market; I couldnā€™t find a similar company.

Do you know a company that does something similar?

Iā€™m not too fond of each startup when they refer to Uber, but I think these guys are the Uber of real estate.

In their pitching, I believe they couldnā€™t deliver a straightforward message. Still, they answered some questions about how they operate. It is not just the request viewing button to add on ( they have two Apps and backend communicating ), which is not the only unique in their App.

For example, in pitching, the explanation of request repair was weak; compare Plentific to their technology, you will see what im talking about.

I might be wrong or now begin too much-excited about it; thatā€™s why I appreciate opinion before making the final decision.

That in itself prevents me from investing.!!