Megathread - Crowdfunding

Thanks @Marlinn

Some great points. I seriously dig your comments in general. I need to think about this one for a while. I’m getting flooded with opportunities right now. Companies know that it’s options/RSU & bonus time and they are wanting a slice of the coin :money_mouth_face:

3 Likes

No problem, thanks for sharing your views as well, learning from that too

Always interested in new opportunities - please do share :smiley:

1 Like

@Marlinn

The ones on the table right now are KingsCrowd (on Republic), KingsCrowd Fund (direct), Rasa (Wefunder), Unicoin, and just invested again in Cortex. Have already invested in Rasa but contemplating a double down

The KingsCrowd Fund is a heavy financial outlay but the $10M raised is spread across 100 start ups over the next 1-2 years, with follow up big bets on 10-15 companies. Investment term is 8 years. This is the future for me. Investment in funds rather than all into specific ops. Maybe a few specific companies on the side to maximise exposure. Who doesn’t like a bit on the side :rofl::rofl:

Thanks for sharing! Didn’t know Cortex and unicoin, gonna check those out

That fund sounds pretty interesting! Going to look into that, combined with their scoring could make a pretty interesting combination. I was bit skeptical about kingscrowd as an investment b/c I think their market size is just too small, but these kind of add-on services make it more attractive, going to have another dig

Fully agreed on Rasa, invested couple of months ago and it keeps getting better and better; their last webinar was a blast. Might top up too before the raise closes

Edit: where is the fund raising? :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Marlinn

Here’s the link for Unicoin if you are interested

2 Likes

Small Beer are coming back to Crowdcube - they’ve hit their target in private mode already. Focus on the low Alcohol market but have an excellent product

@kk7 just my opinion of course. Their products may be good but it’s a very crowded space with big players. I would personally only invest at very small levels purely to take advantage of their perks. I’ve invested in many Craft/Beer Co over the years and potentially the much bigger money can be made elsewhere, focussing on areas such as Ed/Fin/Health/Energy Tech….

3 Likes

I have no idea how to differentiate the brewery’s - access to the markets is more important that quality of the product and that’s something I know nothing about.

There seems to be a brewery or distiller on SS/Seedrs every few weeks - they can’t all work

1 Like

Agreed - I see this as having more of a 2-3x potential but for breakout / big-money returns you’ll want more of a high growth asset light business model in the sectors you suggest. That’s where most of my focus goes and only 10-15% to Sustainability driven themes. The differentiation from a Sustainability perspective is that they are a bcorp brewer - this is because their processing techniques mean they waste almost no water whilst brewing - all the others have a about 80-85% wastage of water. But agree - as with all brewers the key risks are around distribution channels and exit routes

1 Like

I invested in BigDrop Brewing a couple of times on Seedrs as taking on the no alcohol space was a good opportunity for them and the products actually taste great (helped through lockdown). I believe they have an ex-CEO from Molsen on board too. But agree, millions of micro-breweries launching on these sites and a good (bad) history of many of them failing.

1 Like

Same here Chris - I am still bullish on the low/no alcohol space although these businesses have had to bear some of the worst of the pandemic restrictions. I trust Rob and the team at Big Drop have the expertise to navigate through and continue to grow.

Yep - invested in both Big Drop and Drop Bear - both seem to be doing well so far and are both well capitalised. However quite different strategies with Drop Bear building their own brewery while Big Drop are sticking with contract brewing.

Okay gang. I bring to you a CC pitch that had my head turned. A platform to connect self employed care givers with clients.

Carum
Pronounced Care-um

One big bonus if they haven’t referred to themselves as the Uber of the care sector!

I’ve request access to the future projections and they have a webinar next week but wanted to know you’re collective thoughts :thought_balloon:

Edit - forgot the CC link Curam successfully raised £2,000,000 Feb 2022.

1 Like

So the potential client would pay as and when they require care?
Sounds pretty interesting tbf! Would like to see more about that

2 Likes

Yeah it can be ad hoc for respite care or ongoing care needs.

I would check on Conpanies House if any of the directors have any history - good or bad!

1 Like

I see Chip is crowdfunding again. I bet there’s a load of others out there with shares. Anyone got the inside track on the latest price at all?

1 Like

Someone in the Chip chat said £1.79
…awaiting confirmation

1 Like

Thanks. Up from 1.41 last time so not as life-changing as I was hoping…

2 Likes

Especially as they kept refering to a “Significant” increase. Suppose i cant complain too much with a 20% ish increase in 6 months.

Edit: 25%?

Ive got no idea how to math anymorr :joy:

2 Likes