Megathread - Crowdfunding

I think is a good business (from an experience point of view).

Chip shareholder update hinting at a CLN at a considerably lower price than the last funding round.

Interesting they have now adopted the subscription model fully like Freetrade rather than % based fees.

5 Likes

With Chip, alarm bells rang for me when I discovered that they hadnā€™t had VC backing yet, even more so when they would say -for several years- they were ā€œin talksā€ for a VC raise that never materialised. At the end of the day, if they could raise VC capital, they would have already done so. VCs can offer cash at a scale the crowd just canā€™tā€™, and thatā€™s invaluable; With Freetrade, their VC backers were able to support them with Ā£30m to hopefully weather this bear market, Chip donā€™t have that luxury.

Chips existence will hinge solely on how this upcoming crowdfund goes - and if even freetrade are struggling to raise from the crowd (looking like theyā€™ll raise ~Ā£3m over a month when in the past they would raise Ā£8m in a matter of days), itā€™s not looking promising for chip.

3 Likes

@lizmcp I have mailed Sumi to ask what this is all about. Iā€™m always v suspicious when there is no supporting commentary. I certainly hope itā€™s not in line with your comments :thinking: Will share the feedback if itā€™s only sent to me :ok_hand:t3:

2 Likes

She responded on the CC discussion. The 1% refers only to an initial outgoing regarding the preferential shares of the last big investor, up to a certain level. So itā€™s a bit of a downside for crowdfunders but only at a (hopefully) low level of any exit proceeds.

1 Like

Itā€™s a very good update,being very cautious and focusing on the present moment. I really like Chip. I think they will turn out to be a great success!

Did anyone take the exit opportunity with Vita Mojo?

Seemed like a very low offer to me, so Iā€™ve held onto my shares.

TipJarā€™s latest round is live and doing well so far with 160% - an additional 16 months runway to land their Series A.

6 Likes

Snap! Nice they offered that option for investors however thankfully Iā€™m not facing a cashflow crunch so was lucky enough to not have to sell. Many peeps doing it tough right now and having to liquidate at market lows (IMO) to make ends :pray:t3:

1 Like

TipJar just announced a Ā£500,000 single investment and they are closing the round :tada:

Freetrade could use a few of those right now :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Anyone with small robot company?
Overdoing the updates.
Webcast to be created every week but at the moment getting updates nearly everyday. Stop donā€™t need that many.
Latest crowdfunding Ā£18 million, 17 milion from institutes and larger shareholder groups (one German one UK both a Ā£1 million each) For the peasants! shareholders supposedly just Ā£1 milion but reached 1.5 million (something like that) so far.
Upping my funding from Ā£1,400 to Ā£2,900. They think this funding will do them for 2 years.
They Hope to have an ipo in 4 to 5 years.
Setting up a Canadian company most of the money to do so will come from Canadian states where they will be working.

Wouldnā€™t it be better for you to list what paper they havenā€™t been in?!

Admin Removed - please post links and not whole sale copy and paste other peopleā€™s content.

A quick one. I assumed that all weeding would be done by the dick robot in the future but using the info from the Tom robot they sprayed a field prior to planting. On modern sprayers each nozzle is controllable so the sprayer went out and only sprayed areas with a significant amount of weeds. It used only 3% of the normal round up that would have been used. Glysophate (excuse the spelling) supposedly cost 400% more than 2 years ago.

The basic assumptions with robotics and AI in agriculture is a 40% increase in output with a huge reduction in inputs. From weedkiller to fertilizer.

I invested in the round about two years and then the FutureFund round which from memory had a decent valuation cap which it subsequently exceeded so when that converts to shares (and the interest) should be a decent base. Still debating going in a third timeā€¦

4 Likes

Get in there,25%+8% itā€™s a no brainier(this is not financial advice) :shushing_face:

Small robot at 150% 8 days left. They have said they may end early. If you dont pledge you wonā€™t get. If you do pledge you donā€™t have to follow through.
@Chrislewisuk @MohammedMohammed are you both talking about small robot?

Whatā€™s everyoneā€™s thoughts on Stablepharma? The tech looks promising but I am not 100% sure.

2 Likes

Value prop looks legit

BUX is advertised as coming soon on Seedrs while there are rumours of public.com being in talks to acquire BUX.