Megathread - 🔥 Dividend Fest 🔥

Barrat Dev dividend paid today and FT have delivered already. A lot better with the timing of payments

3 Likes

Even better, just ask Google bard. Tell it what you want to do and it’ll spit out the excel macro or even build the whole sheet for you with enough direction.

1 Like

That’s pretty @Greig / @acamp
(Sorry Greig but I don’t know any of the UI people)

Would love a really innovative display of holdings within the FT app.

4 Likes

Ahh I never new that but I think I will stick to old school i like fiddling with my excel sheet on a daily basics :slight_smile:

Hey guys I wonder what is best portfolio tracking software for Ur dividend journey. I’m investing about 1.5 years and I will give example of my own portfolio. So I invested 29570 of my hard earned money in UK dividend paying stocks now I have 26640 so I lost 2930 and it’s all what freetrade tells us, only trace of dividents is in activity feed. So I use simply wall street and it’s nice but I noticed It subtract dividents from original amount u pay in so u have something like that 28780(not full amount paid in) - 2930(capital gains/losses ) +790(divident) =26640. That’s probobly becouse share price depreciate same amount what divident paid so overall account balance dropped exactly 790. But I always fought when u paid 29570+970 dividend your tolal value is 30360 and then all losses are being subtracted from that amount. Let me known what u guys thing which method is right and what app track it best

2 Likes

I built mine where it tracks the capital added and the current value of the holdings. The dividends function as additional capital injections without adding to the capital adding. That way I can see how the underlying investments are performing and also keep track of how much is the immediate sell value vs how much ££ I’ve actually stumped up.

1 Like

Happy Friday! :smiley:

ISA dividends for November:

[Context - Portfolio size around £66k, been investing since 2015]

Share prices have improved (value of portfolio was £63k last month), still showing overall loss compared to what I paid but dividends continue to roll in, which is what counts for this dividend income portfolio.

Most dividends were re-invested in the same stock that paid out.

Progression over the years:

One month to go and I’ve passed last year’s total received, so very happy with that, considering the year we’ve had!

Hope it’s been a dividend fest for you too!

22 Likes

Amazing work as always Weenie! Just waiting for a few more of mine to come in for November (Gladstone etc) and then I’ll post.

6 Likes

Less than £100 in dividends for me in November but I’m up about £6,000 for the month in capital terms, which shows the importance of total return.

10 Likes

I’m up £41.68 today come on the little guys :D. I don’t really have much of a dividend portfolio but I do see it rising year on year, tiny amounts but rising.

Love to view all your portfolios and how you’re getting on it’s great to see, keep it up

5 Likes

November dividends have now come in. Amazed with this, received £111.41. Majority from Andrews Sykes group.

Dividends are still going in the right direction:

And many of my stocks are now on course to paying back relative to my initial investment:

2023 total dividends currently stand at £827.77 which has already surpassed 2022 at £732.79.

Context:
Had to cash out £3,000 this month to pay for essential work on my house. Typically invest £550 per month and this will restart next month. Portfolio size is £24,567.72. Up by £2,807.07 and my time weighted rate of return since April 2021 is 16.38%. VWRL is +13.92% in the same period.

And here are all my stocks (larger bubble represents larger holding - produced by StockEvents).

Let’s keep up the good work, dividend investors :smiley:

15 Likes

Hey @Kiava

For what it’s worth we all used to be little guys and I love seeing your gains :slight_smile: Hopefully this does not sound condescending but I get a lot of motivation from people like @weenie and aspire to build similar portfolios. So you may be a ‘little guy’ now, but with a bit of consistency, reinvesting dividends, and topping up when you can, you could quickly become a £100+ per month dividend investor.

In January 2020 I received £0.14 in dividends, Jan-21 was £3.63, Jan-22 was £27.63, and Jan-23 was £23.79.

Total 2020 was £44.99. 2021 was £227.90. 2022 was £732.79. 2023 (so far) was £827.77.

Hopefully this is evidence. I am not particularly intelligent but I just stick by my principles and I am consistent. If I can do it, anyone can.

So I hope people in here do not get upset by comparing themselves to others. We all started somewhere and this chat is to motivate the ‘little guys’ to just keep going! :smiley:

17 Likes

Little guy here, doubled my MAIN position yesterday, in time for ex-div date.

Also, i’m looking into purchasing 2 more monthly payers ahead of their December’s or January’s ex-div date: PNNT and GLAD.

Next time I will post some figures.

3 Likes

Another small investor here - slowly building it up. I recently found SuperDividend (£SDIP) who pay monthly, at a decent dividend rate. They’re exclusive to the paid plans though, if that makes a difference for you.

As always, I know nothing and you should do your own research!

3 Likes

I’ve been working, very slowly, on building my dividends up over the past 2 years, and this is my progress. The tiny blue bars are my first year, and dividends were all pennies. The orange bars are this financial year - with some estimates and predictions for after Christmas that are not complete because I’m waiting for the quarterly payers to roll over.
But, from the first dividend of 0.33p, I now have almost £200 in a single year.

And the annual totals, which look better

12 Likes

Nice work. Must be encouraging for you :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

This is amazing! This year has already surpassed last year and December is usually good for dividends. Look forward to seeing your progress in 2024! :smiley:

3 Likes

Hi, good find on SDIP, do you know if it’s paid in usd $ and is party to the 15% witholding tax?

I’m not sure. Dividend Max shows the dividend payment in euros or dollars.

1 Like

Ok, thank you