MEGATHREAD: European expansion 🇪🇺

It’s on the Honey Market news email :slight_smile:

Refferal link Honey by Freetrade

3 Likes

My Swedish brother in law just signed up to the waiting list, says there are only 1928 people on it.

Anyone know what the plans are around building up a community/driving more people to the waitlist?

Perhaps they want a soft launch first, just thought it might have been bigger than that.

4 Likes

Thats not many at all… has there been an advertising campaign in Sweden :sweden:

2 Likes

The banner has been removed from the Swedish page. Not sure if that is a good or a bad thing…

2 Likes

Doesn’t look like there’s much happening on the Swedish Community Forum either. Come on Sweden get communicating!!!

1 Like

On a positive note, noticed some German stocks on the Discovery tab. :partying_face:

4 Likes

Well spotted!

Just got myself a brand new shinny 1 share of BMW.

3 Likes

Probably a daft question, but what does the lowercase h or d mean at the end of the ticker? I.e. VOWd or UPMh??

h = Helsinki
d = Deutsche Boerse

3 Likes

I’d say let’s give the Swedes a chance on this one.

I get freetrade is coming soon in Sweden, but to be honest (and no disrespect to freetrade at all when I say this) there is only so much excitement one can achieve when something is in the coming soon phase.

I suspect once the launch has taken place, Swedes will be all over it.

1 Like
10 Likes

Is EDF energie going to be available when the French market comes online?

9 Likes

Here’s hoping France is the next country on the EU rollout following Finland, Germany, and Dutch. I’ve been eyeing up a couple of companies on the Euronext Paris. :crossed_fingers: :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

Has anyone got a link to FT information about what we get taxed for European stocks? I have looked around and can’t see anything other than chat.

2 Likes

Hi @Big-g, here’s a link to our FAQ’s - I hope this helps!

1 Like

Excellent and thank you for that link! :+1: That is exactly what I was looking for but hoping we had a similar 15% reduction like on US stocks. :rofl: Dutch stocks only for me I think, anything above 15% needs to be super.