MEGATHREAD: European expansion 🇪🇺

It’s on the Honey Market news email :slight_smile:

Refferal link Honey by Freetrade

3 Likes

My Swedish brother in law just signed up to the waiting list, says there are only 1928 people on it.

Anyone know what the plans are around building up a community/driving more people to the waitlist?

Perhaps they want a soft launch first, just thought it might have been bigger than that.

4 Likes

Thats not many at all… has there been an advertising campaign in Sweden :sweden:

2 Likes

The banner has been removed from the Swedish page. Not sure if that is a good or a bad thing…

2 Likes

Doesn’t look like there’s much happening on the Swedish Community Forum either. Come on Sweden get communicating!!!

1 Like

On a positive note, noticed some German stocks on the Discovery tab. :partying_face:

4 Likes

Well spotted!

Just got myself a brand new shinny 1 share of BMW.

3 Likes

Probably a daft question, but what does the lowercase h or d mean at the end of the ticker? I.e. VOWd or UPMh??

h = Helsinki
d = Deutsche Boerse

4 Likes

I’d say let’s give the Swedes a chance on this one.

I get freetrade is coming soon in Sweden, but to be honest (and no disrespect to freetrade at all when I say this) there is only so much excitement one can achieve when something is in the coming soon phase.

I suspect once the launch has taken place, Swedes will be all over it.

1 Like
10 Likes

Is EDF energie going to be available when the French market comes online?

10 Likes

Here’s hoping France is the next country on the EU rollout following Finland, Germany, and Dutch. I’ve been eyeing up a couple of companies on the Euronext Paris. :crossed_fingers: :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

Has anyone got a link to FT information about what we get taxed for European stocks? I have looked around and can’t see anything other than chat.

2 Likes

Hi @Big-g, here’s a link to our FAQ’s - I hope this helps!

1 Like

Excellent and thank you for that link! :+1: That is exactly what I was looking for but hoping we had a similar 15% reduction like on US stocks. :rofl: Dutch stocks only for me I think, anything above 15% needs to be super.

Not exactly European but didn’t think this merited it own thread.

So now it’s saying US$, Which leaves the question, which ‘dollar’ country is coming next?

0 voters

5 Likes

Interesting. Not on Android :eyes: