MEGATHREAD: Free Share updates and feedback 🎟

There’s merit to your argument for sure. Nutmegs CAC was (iirc) in the £200’s last time I checked, so just looking at just our combined data we’re either really unlucky or Freetrade is acquiring customers much cheaper then Nutmeg.

What do you reckon though is hovering around the £10 average fair? £20? £50?

(I know it’s really hard to know without the data.)

1 Like

I can’t remember where but I think someone at FT talked about what their CAC figures would be roughly. I presume they make calculations based on how many referrals they need to actually turn into recurring customers.

This goes without saying, I’m well aware. But obvs there’s statistics behind all of it; I’d love to know each week a bit more about these a bit like how dozens release trust bond statistics

I genuinely love that this is the case for you and I did acknowledge that there will be both types: investors like you and me. But there are more non-investors who may not have a financial interest in the company to have a rose tinted view, and who may need more stimuli so that their referral activity doesn’t diminish. Tbh only Freetrade internally know how well the programme is doing but I do hope some of that VC money will boost it.

This makes zero sense here and sounds like deflection. Freetrade is split into 3 verticals, including a dedicated Growth team so giving feedback on Referral Programme optimisation in the dedicated referral feedback thread will not detract from anything else on the roadmap.

My consistent feedback in this thread is that sub-£5 shares are generally dreadful, both from a self-interest POV but mainly from a referee standpoint. It’s a real buzzkill when the colleagues I refer are always lumped with seriously low value shares. Bare in mind, they’re all non-investors & mainly new to investing. What I’ve suggested multiple occasions is a higher low (approx £5) and a lower high, with more mid-value shares being won as opposed to a few big ones. This will benefit the many and not the few imho :wink:

I give this feedback as an investor with the best intentions also. I’m not pursuing a nice to have for myself firstly, I’m pursuing a necessary viral growth referral programme. If :freetrade: are satisfied with it as it is, trust that so am I.

It’s a tricky one because assuming for simplicity my referees got the same/similar shares I did on each occasion, then CACs are 2 times £7.50 so around £15 for the people I’ve introduced to the app. I think £20 (£10 each) would be the next logical step but certainly doesn’t need to be anywhere near Nutmegs. Any thoughts on what you’d think would be reasonable, or on the notion of a higher low, but lower high? :thought_balloon:

I’m really unsure, I think a higher minimum would be nice for all providing it’s sustainable to do so.

How about theme-ing it when fractionals go live? So maybe one week could be Nike week for instance, where every referral gets a £10 (or larger) fractional share of Nike with some lucky buggers getting a full one. Hell could even make some serious promo out of it marketing what the upcoming week is going to be. (Imagining a drawn curtain reveal every week!).

Could be a nice way of rounding up fractional purchasing too.

1 Like

I think we do need to consider the high(er) expectations of non-investors/new investors compared to the low(er) expectations of the (probably) grizzled investors I’ve been referring to.

Here’s a typical response from one of my referrals:

Followed a couple of months later with:

I don’t think I’ve managed to persuade any non-investor friends or colleagues to download the app yet.

2 Likes

Are we getting our free shares this week?

The next reveal day will be the 2nd January. We need a number of our team in place to make sure everything goes smoothly. :+1:

2 Likes

Hi :wave:

Happy New Year, everyone! :tada:

A quick update on today’s Free Share reveal: we were looking forward to revealing your free shares today, but due to an exceptionally high number of Basic Orders our customers put through over the festive season, it’s better to wait at least a day more and not strain the current system with thousands of additional free share orders tonight. :disappointed_relieved:

We are planning to reveal your free shares tomorrow though - we will keep you updated to confirm!

As you may know, we are migrating beta users to Invest by Freetrade, our own brokerage platform. This new system will bring performance improvements, and we should not be dealing with this limitation in the future, once we’ll have Invest rolled out to all our customers.

9 Likes

Are basic orders being executed today? In app it is now saying 3pm tomorrow…

Yes, it went through at 3 PM today. Our Basic Orders will now be executed at 3 PM instead of 4 PM to allow more time for the trades to process before the market closes.

9 Likes

I doubt many of those referred use the FT community, is it not possible to notify those with a pending freeshare via the app in the future?

Just a suggestion :wink:

5 Likes

That’s a great suggestion, thanks!

Hi, have the free shares happened today?

1 Like

Seems they have… thanks

1 Like

Indeed!

Everyone should have their free shares now. Please ping the team through the in-app chat if anything seems missing! :+1:

DS Smith - Packaging for me, what a treat! :woozy_face: :rofl:

1 Like

Are these referrals still available? I don’t have a link in my app at the moment.

I’ve referred a few people and have at least one more.

You can request a new link in app support and they will provide another one :grin:

1 Like

Is there anything stopping Freetrade (legally) giving Draper Espirit shares away in the referral scheme, even though they are an investor in FT?

Hope not as one of my referrals has one!