MEGATHREAD: Freetrade iPad app

but Iā€™ve just ordered my first iPad (air 2020),

Please can you talk to me about your investment strategies? I think I have a lot to learn.

:rofl: I got my first iPad last year. An iPad Mini 2 with broken power button for :point_right:Ā£50 :point_left: on eBay. Iā€™m in awe of how much better it is than the Android tablets Iā€™ve always used. Itā€™s definitely the halo device thatā€™s going to pull me into the Apple ecosystem.

1 Like

You have to invest in yourself sometimes :wink: :laughing:

Seriously though, Iā€™ve been after one for ages so Iā€™m very excited to be finally joining the Freetrade iPad users

1 Like

Itā€™s just no contest isnā€™t it. Iā€™ve found nothing that even comes close to the iPad. Maybe a surface tablet as a distant second ā€¦ but thatā€™s a very different use case.

2 Likes

Another request for a specific iPad app, installing the iphone app is a proper pain then to use, even less professional than having no app for iPad.

May now use iPads instead of laptops, itā€™s surprising to me that Freetrade is one of the very few financial apps not having a specific iPad optimised version.

2 Likes

Agreed, although I do currently think thereā€™s more demand for the Desktop version on the forum. But I canā€™t see why the iPad app couldnā€™t have a similar offering to the desktop version

1 Like

Absolutely, I think developing a good web framework (Electron for example) would actually solve both problems making it available on ipad/desktop/web without much changes.

2 Likes

Adding my voice here because I could not believe when I signed up last year there there was no iPad app at all.
Seems lazy to just expect a portrait phone app to be adequate when all that real estate can be put to good use on an iPad. Itā€™s a no-brainer so Iā€™m hoping it is already in the pipes and they are just honing itā€™s features.

2 Likes

Apparently thereā€™s a proper iPad app now?

My iPad is currently in for repair, can anyone else confirm this?

3 Likes

Freetrade forum got scooped by Monzo :eyes:

Massive credit to @alexc-at-freetrade, this is his baby. Exciting to see it in the wild.

14 Likes

Iā€™m hoping thereā€™ll be an official blog or something? Got to shout out about good stuff like this!

I can indeed confirm it! Itā€™ll be rolling out this week to all our users. I hope you enjoy it.

You can read a bit more about it here:

34 Likes

Omg this is amazing guys! FINALLY :partying_face: Thank you @alexc-at-freetrade & the rest of the team

1 Like

Can we have it available on m1 macs, please?

Great news for iOS crowd

7 Likes

Yes.

This is excellent.

Now whereā€™s that m1 version!!! Why is it taking so long

:joy:

Seriously though thatā€™s great. This is one of those things I felt was needed. Bigger screen is more room for more data which isnā€™t a bad thing and a layout what works on the ipad (and hopefully macs??) is great

great news!

Great news :blush: well done. Canā€™t wait to try it

:blush:

6 Likes

Time to update my ancient now defunct ipads :star_struck:

2 Likes

+1 for the M1 Mac version!

iPad app looks great though :+1:

Wow there! Donā€™t get greedyā€¦ Android widgets or desktop app next pretty pleaseā€¦ spread the love around a bit!

Does look nice though even if Iā€™m not an apple fan, which is promising for other platforms.