MEGATHREAD: Freetrade SIPP

Pleased to say my funds are in from St James Place and now working my SIPP myself.

Already increased my pot by 3% inside a week since moving to Freetradeā€¦lol

Really wished I had a service like this when I was younger but hey ho, definitely the future of investing and managing your own finances. Appreciate that wonā€™t be for everyone but who is going to look after your money better than yourself.

10 Likes

The money has now left my vanguard account. How long will it disappear for who knows :smile:

I initiated the process on 19/02

Freetrade confirmed and started the process with vanguard on 20/02

They responded to the initial request on 20/01

They Sold everything in 02/02

And messaged again on 10/02 that theyā€™ve received the request to transfer and will do so

11/02 theyā€™ve transferred the money out

1 Like

Iā€™m curious how long from money leaving their old sipp has it taken to appear in freetrade?

The funds left on the Saturday and arrived in my FT SIPP on the Wednesday for meā€¦

2 Likes

Iā€™ve used my other email when signing up for SIPP and Iā€™ve received an invitation on that email on Jan 26ā€¦ Is this somehow possible to open SIPP on my Freetrade account, which is on a different email address?

Someone will be making interest on your cash while it disappears from view for a few days :wink:

update

Switch complete :balloon:Such a smooth process, thanks Freetrade.

Now to come up with a retirement strategyā€¦

4 Likes

Mine has just completed

Whole process from 19th Jan to 12th Feb

Also why are some companies not available?

BGCG isnā€™t available in the sipp?

Neither are US reits ??

Anyone know why? Particularly the BG China growth trust

4 Likes

Interesting! I want to invest in this oneā€¦ BGCG that is

My transfer from Vanguard was super quick!

1 Like

Yeah so did I but itā€™s unavailable, no idea why. Itā€™s available on a SIPP at HL

ive initiated a partial transfer from my workplace provider. lets see what happens

My workplace provider doesnā€™t allow partial transfers :unamused:

I have a check with mind before. as long as i leave Ā£100 in it it will stay open and contributions can keep being made

2 Likes

I was with Vanguard. From the time they receive the request (which should have been pretty immediate) theyā€™ll then take a couple of weeks before finally transferring your balance.

I made a post of the timeline it took for me, you should be similar hopefully

Hmmmm. Maybe thatā€™s a thing I need to try

My Vanguard was done in less than a week

2 Likes

Sounds odd. Did you threaten to transfer all & re-enroll straight away?

No, I just asked if I could partial transfer and keep my contributions coming in and they told me Iā€™d have to transfer the lot and close if I did that

I would still file a partial transfer form with a new provider and send it off.

You might get quite a different answer when a transfer request comes in.

Whatā€™s the point of pension freedoms if one cannot choose where to have pension.