MEGATHREAD: German stocks 🇩🇪

Thank you for the link. Does seem to imply no WHT for non German residents.

I was surprised to see SAP wasn’t on the list too. Fingers crossed it’ll be added along with HFG and some other popular German stocks.

Hopefully, it won’t be too long until I can move all my European holdings to Freetrade. Roll on France and the Netherlands!

3 Likes

This.

And fractional shares.

1 Like

Has anyone else noticed that some of the ‘Stats’ section for the German stocks are way off?
E.g. compare P/E ratios for Bayer, BMW or Daimler on FT vs any other provider.
Obviously no one should be investing by simply looking at the ‘Stats’ but equally if the data is erroneous then it’s not very confidence inspiring.

3 Likes

Hi, now we are getting different markets, when listing stocks on the Discover tab please could the market be listed too (so this can be seen in the list without having to go into the individual instrument details page)?

Thank you

Mat

6 Likes

As Freetrade expand across continental markets its just another smack in the face for the legacy brokers.

2 Likes

I’m not so sure they care

1 Like

I hope so, as that’s a good thing for Freetrade.

2 Likes

I agreed with this - Can’t really tell which is which without it

Hi @MatAtFreetrade

Could you flesh this out and start an ideas thread for everyone to vote on? I think a small flag emoji could be really useful.

5 Likes

The German stock descriptions are very dry. Would be good to have a thread to upvote childish and amusing descriptions…

2 Likes

There is a practical reason too. Investors really need to know this. Withholding tax for associated with different countries is going to be different. And it is unusual for UK brokers (that I have asked) to claw this back for you.

1 Like

Funny you should ask

1 Like

Liebe Herr @NeilB

I was expecting to see your avatar change to celebrate the arrival of German stocks: a photo of you wearing your Lederhosen and holding a Maßkrug of Bier.

Yours disappointedly

5 Likes

Ich stimme zu.

1 Like

There’s still time come on @NeilB show us your German side.

3 Likes

Similarly it would be great if the German-listed BioNTech is available

2 Likes

Good idea. Please make a request and vote for it.

2 Likes

When it comes to European markets that are already with us. Will you be adding new stock for these markets. Will you be adding more Finnish stocks and also (while not straight away) will you be adding more German stocks.

There’s talk LIDL may go public and I want to buy if it’s listed on the German or Austrian market.

1 Like

Everyone freetrade does something the enhance the offering more people will be tempted to move across.

AJ Hell’s foray into the low cost/ free brokerage world with their planned Dodl offering proves that legacies might well be starting to feel it in the same way British Airways felt it once easyJet and RyanAir got a foothold. They even started a low cost airline of their own called Go.

I see history repeating itself.

Now one can fly low cost to Europe, and they can also buy European shares on a low cost basis.

Freetrade is the easyJet of the brokerage world.

3 Likes