MEGATHREAD: New subscription plans 🔁

I Think it would be a good idea to give current ISA only users the option to stay on basic with the smaller stock universe etc, but keep their £3 ISA

18 Likes

I’m going to ask what are probably two very obvious questions.

With regards to the 3% on cash amounts of £4,000, I’m assuming this means that you can simply upload the money into your GIA and leave it uninvested to qualify? I.e. you don’t have to upload it to your ISA or SIPP which would make it harder to take out again.

Also, I’m assuming that if you had, say £2,000 in your GIA, £1,000 in your ISA and £200 in your SIPP uninvested, they would all collectively qualify for the 3%? (Not that I’m intending to do that as a strategy, just for avoidance of doubt! :slight_smile:)

3 Likes

I still think the features and pricing is slightly still not align just yet but I think it’s a good move that will work out well in the long run. Freetrade should have released at least 2 new feature this week along with breaking the news.

Really pleased with this as a Freetrade SIPP account holder :+1:t3:
Does the interest on uninvested cash apply to SIPP’s also?

3 Likes

I am just worried about the forced upgrade for every ISA holder. They are forced to take action if they don’t want to pay £2 more per month, and this might not sit well with some people.

I personally quite like the upgrade.

1 Like

Add Web access to standard.

14 Likes

When will isa hder have full access to shares, I just looked at one that used to be plus only and it tells me to upgrade to buy, clicked on it and as I have an isa already it won’t let you go any further, so can’t buy the new shares and it only offers the option to downgrade to basic or upgrade to plus

1 Like

I imagine it will take a while to filter through, I wasn’t going to bother trying any plus shares until next week.

1 Like

Yes, I mentioned this earlier somewhere, this would definitely tempt me to go to Plus.

2 Likes

Yes this is exactly what I do, my GIA is empty other than that now.

You can split the amount over all accounts and it will preferentially grant the interest in ISA over GIA, so your example with multiple accounts also works even if you go over £4k (but total interest will be capped).

2 Likes

As an ISA holder, this is just a 66% increase. Brilliant!

2 Likes

Not yet, but it’s something we’d like to do, yes.

7 Likes

Very helpful, thank you for the response.

1 Like

Yes this is the big thing. If you do have a SIPP this is highly competitive and the cost reduction of m free trade is quite large

3 Likes

Just throwing in my hand for a yearly fee option for plus (maybe with a slight discount for the upfront years worth of cash…?)

What’s your thoughts? Is the larger stock access useful or the interest on cash?

5 Likes

I am currently paying £376.31 a year for my SIPP through a broker as a percentage of my pension. Been thinking about moving over for a while and this is the icing on the cake!! Well done Freetrade and great value for money!! Anyone who has a half decent sum in their pension this is an absolute bargain and look into you’re annual fees if you use a broker. :eyes:

16 Likes

Really don’t wish to be controversial, but I do think a sense of proportion would be welcome with regards to the ISA cost increase:

• How long has it been at £3 per month? My guess is many years in which case there have been no increases in that time. Therefore it is not entirely a 66% increase but proportional for how many years it has been £3.
  • Increase is from £3 to £5, an extra £2. Not as large a sum as 66% would imply!
  • Running FreeTrade is not cost-free, therefore the money has to come from somewhere. FreeTrade going bankrupt through lack of cash would help nobody!
  • In exchange for the £2 increase you get access to all Plus stocks and 1% on any cash so you are getting more service than you got for £3.
  • Where else can you get a full Stocks and Shares ISA for only £5 a month with all those stocks to choose from and no extra costs per trade?

I’m an ISA only subscriber who will pay more per month, I still think it is excellent value. I switched from FreeTrade from another provider and I can assure you I was not paying them only £50 per year.

EDIT - changed an incorrect 3% to £3 above.

23 Likes

Im not as happy as everybody else seems to be to be honest,being charged an extra 24 pound a year for a few extra “plus” stocks that i dont or have no intention of owning anyway.what will it be in a year or 2? 7 quid and so on,maybe im better off somewhere else?

10 Likes

Think the new offering is really well balanced pricing/value wise. Good job!

15 Likes

I will be honest the moment I am a free member and as soon as they bring out the yearly payment option I will 100% be upgrading as i personally hate paying monthly for anything.

People need to remember free trade has to make money otherwise they will disappear and people will have to go back to paying much higher costs elsewhere and to be honest for what you get £4.99 is a very good fair price to pay.

The only 2 negative i find so far is:

1, you still wont get access to the web based service.
2, you can’t vote on AGM’s/corporate actions

8 Likes