MEGATHREAD: SPACs 🤝

That’s correct, however the amount returned would be the price per share at IPO not the price you purchased at, as most SPACs trade at a premium (I.e PSTH is trading at $28 but the amount that would be returned is $20)

As the companies are merging together, this is also correct

2 Likes

Appreciate this a lot, many thanks!

2 Likes

Please add the SPAC for Momentus which is SRAC.
Essentially last mile delivery in space, set to take off in the near future now more people are becoming aware.
Up 6.5% today and another 6.8% after hours at time of posting.

2 Likes

Love Freetrade to bits, but it needs to get on top of all these new SPACS, I understand SPACS are coming thick and fast and its hard to lead on this, but the time constraints for investors is a lot greater.

As if they are not available like VGAC was when it merged with 23 and me you can’t make the gains.

Freetrade done a great job adding stocks over the last year I just hope they can concentrate also on the sway of new SPACS coming, as there is so much money to be made on SPACS but getting in on them early is key !

6 Likes

The usual line is “we are educating our US partner” :roll_eyes:

1 Like

100000 % agree that this needs to be the main focus, SPACS and penny stocks are also a fundamental element of long run portfolio growth for many investors and they seem to be neglected or assumed to be solely for short term trading which is not what this platform is for. It did a great job adding stocks up till the new year, then seemed to massively slow down. As an investor in the platform I an 1000 percent behind it, I would just like to see them focus on stock options within the app, as this is what attracts investors, new and old.

2 Likes

hundred percent agree best userability out ther but at the end of the day if you want to get on a stock, your going to find a platform that provides that stock,

and I want that platform to be Freetrade and not another company !

3 Likes

drivewealth offer SPACs though , Im holding a large position in Chamath’s merged and "DA"ed SPACs as well as Virgin’s SPAC for 23andMe :man_shrugging: the broker uses Drivewealth. it’s not Revolut -their offering is poor

Please any update on the drop :sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob:

There’s a lot of quality DD on r/SPACs

QQ - why PRPB is not ISA eligible?

CRHC is mentioned as not ISA eligible in this list but it is ISA eligible in the app. So could it be an error with PRPB or something fundamental makes it not eligible. Any insights please? thanks

FREYR ethical and enviromentally friendly batteries

SVF Investment Corp: Softbank SPAC. (pls)

L Catterton Asia Acquisition Corp: LVMH-backed SPAC; looking for high-growth opportunities in Asia. Not currently trading but I would appreciate this being considered once the units split.

Both have great management and would be a good addition! I am progressively weary of the SPACs with poor management and those that allow leaks pre DA.

1 Like

Key Points

• London Stock Exchange Group CEO David Schwimmer warned of “froth” in the red-hot SPAC market.
  • Excess in U.S. SPACs “could end poorly” for investors, Schwimmer told reporters Friday.
  • A U.K. government-backed review is calling for reforms to London’s listings regime.

“I think it’s important that investors, regulators, market participants use SPACs appropriately,” David Schwimmer, LSE Group CEO

“The market will naturally flush some of this excess out,” David Solomon, GS CEO

Just pinging this over here too:

1 Like

can we have GWAC please Sam, just announced merger with Cipher Mining

@Freetrade_Team @Viktor

Can we look to list SOAC spac and TMC ticker when it trades?

SPAC Sustainable Opportunities (NYSE:SOAC) confirmed a transaction to take DeepGreen Metals public in a deal that values the combined company at $2.9b. SOAC gained 0.5% in premarket trading.

Upon closing, the combined company will operate as The Metals Company and is expected to be listed under the ticker TMC. The deal is expected to close in the second quarter.

The combined company is expected to have about $570m in cash, assuming no redemptions. The Metals Company plans to start commercial production of battery metals as soon as 2024.

2 Likes

Beware of the SPAC!

1 Like

Any chance of adding Altimeter Growth Corp? Grab was on my list (alongside Stripe) if it ever went public

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-03-12/grab-said-in-advanced-talks-to-merge-with-altimeter-s-first-spac

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.