MEGATHREAD: Stock fundamentals 📊

Hi everyone :wave:

Thanks for all your helpful feedback so far!

The latest improvement to stock fundamentals is here. And it’s available for all Freetrade customers: new key stats :bar_chart:

We are gradually rolling out this feature to all customers over the next week. iOS users can head to the app store to download the update directly.

As part of this release, you’ll see new key ratios on stocks, such as price-to-book (P/B) and price/earnings-to-growth (PEG), and risk measures like Beta.

You’ll also have stats specific to ETFs and investment trusts, including assets under management (AUM), total expense ratio (TER) and closing net asset value (NAV).

This is on top of the key stats you’re used to seeing, like market cap, dividend yield and P/E ratio.

All part of giving you more information to help with your investment research.

Read more about all these stats and what they mean here:

Next up, we’re working on analyst price targets. Keep an eye on this thread for updates and reply below to let us know what you think.

When you invest your capital is at risk, the value of your investments can go down as well as up and you may get back less than what you invest. Make sure you do your own research on what investments are right for you before investing or consider seeking expert advice.

28 Likes

Good stuff, keep it coming!

3 Likes

@SalopStocks Thanks for the positive feedback. We are underway on the next set of stock fundamentals. Watch this space.

5 Likes

This is fantastic! Good work @Max_R and team. :ok_hand:t2:

1 Like

Just a heads up,When clicking the info button on the closing nav, it’s missing the localisation text. This was when viewing VWRP so not sure if it affects other stocks

1 Like

The analyst ratings pop up then disappear just as fast. :sob:

Thanks for spotting @Ninjajimbo - we will get on it ASAP.

3 Likes

Thanks for the heads up. We’ve fixed that one remotely if you’d like to restart your app and have another look.

4 Likes

Is this really what this is supposed to look like or is it a bug? Notice the poor contrast. In night mode it is worse. Why does it take so much screen space (the whole screen?!) It looks like a list one does when one learns how to program and hasn’t quite got the hang of formatting. Aesthetically it is not funky/cool and not what I would expect from a start-up’s UI.

Screenshot v3.9.21

1 Like

Hi @bitflip

The UI is expected to look like the image below, thanks for raising the issues!

On smaller iOS device sizes it’s incorrectly displaying as one long list, but we have a fix for that that will begin rolling out over the next few days

4 Likes

Thanks @waszko for responding quickly and confirming that it is a bug.

Some suggestions for your consideration: I suggest you consider some kind of swipe left/right kind of thing to get more information and so that you can group information appropriately [It will give the whole think a more modern look. IMO get rid of the (smudgy) information dot. Hovering over the words e.g. “Market cap” should pop up the relevant information. Alternatively, clicking on “Beta” etc should give the info - after all there is no specific value in having the “ugly” smudge: all you are doing is cluttering the visual field.

1 Like

I have an Iphone 12max… how big a phone do you need? :face_with_peeking_eye:

3 Likes

2 Likes

Hi @BlueSonic

Apologies this is actually affecting iOS devices with an odd pixel width for that part of the display :man_facepalming:

But the fix will start to roll out to everyone from tomorrow! Look out for version 3.9.22 in the app store

Great suggestions @bitflip :pray:

As we add more fundamentals data to the analyst ratings section we were thinking of using a swiping carousel to group it together, glad you suggested it too!

Helping people understand all these stats is key for us, the i buttons help guide users that there is information to be accessed there. Many users we talk to want to see more fundamentals data and info, but to avoid an overloaded screen. We’re keen to gather feedback and ideas from the community on how you think we can strike the right balance

4 Likes

I’m sure it’s been mentioned but I don’t like having to jump in and out of the app to check for ex dividend dates and payment dates. I accept that there is a risk of information overload and mess if you keep adding things but I’d quite like those!

6 Likes

Hi @waszko Another suggestion. Noticing the kind of questions many people ask on the forums I suggest that having Beta as the first parameter is strange. I would suggest that P/E ratio and Div yield are the top two. Prices should be in different carousel and you should add Volume to that. I am sure you will think about this sort of thing more when you implement the carousel. But even now Beta should move to the end of the (present) list.

1 Like

This is an excellent idea. Yahoo do something kind of similar with their ‘summary | analysis | financials’ tabs you can swipe between

I really like how yahoo has done some things on their app

Example

3 Likes

On searching several bank stocks the data section is blank. Have found this with Hsbc , Royal bank of Canada and Td Bank. This is on iOS. Anyone else noticed similar problems?

Still issues with this, I am up to date version on iOS and there are quite a few stocks missing data. Anyone else encountered this?