MEGATHREAD: What stocks should we add next week? 📲💥

More SPACs!

Trine Acquisition (TRNE)
Switchback Energy Acquisition (SBE)
Pivotal Investment Corporation II (PIC)

See below from 2nd June:

All of them are on the SPAC list we are working on!

We would love to if it was an ETF! Do you have a similar ETF in mind?

@aia >HARP, KPTI, ORTX, ADAP, AUTL, MOR, QURE, FRLN to start with…

Some of these are coming next week, and then the rest the week after! There might be one or two we will have to work longer to get online, but we’ll be on them.

Also, anyone after Canadian stocks - we’ll add a bunch in next week’s mega batch. :canada:

4 Likes

Awesome. Thank you Viktor!

Are these Canadian stocks on TSX or just ones that are also listed in the US?

The ones listed on US exchanges.

2 Likes

Piedmont lithium
Nano Dimension - NNDM
Ark invest - ARKK , ARKQ
Realty income Corp
Store capital

2 Likes

Ark ETFs cannot be added due to the different regulatory regimes of the US and the EU. In the EU ETF providers are legally obligated to provide ‘scenarios’ of plausible outcomes for owning the ETF. In the US, providers are banned from making forecasts.

With Brexit this may be fixed, current noise is yes it will be, but until then US ETFs cannot be offered on Freetrade. Some other providers allow you to become an ‘accredited’ investor which enables you to buy US ETFs. I use Stake for this purpose.

1 Like

Feel like we need this message pinned to the top of the forum at all times!

5 Likes

We may not need to come 1st January 2021. Whilst some regulations will not be changed any which only relate to British citizens access may do.

What stops Freetrade from being able to offer this accreditation?

But I have now downloaded Stake and wow it’s got all the features I wish this app had. And has a paywall that actually makes sense.

I moved over from HL so that I could buy fractional shares in my isa & gia. But now am left wanting more from this service that others seem to have.

Thanks for the stake recommendation!

1 Like

Technically nothing but it would have to be built into the app and monitored and managed by Freetrade. Added compliance risk and probably not deemed to be urgent considering the target market of Freetrade.

I have posted numerous times on the forum that the Stake pricing model, about half the price of Freetrade, makes sense. I will pay it when it actually kicks in but for now they are offering a generous trial period (again something Freetrade should do).

I use Stake for my US share holdings but always put FX in outside of Stake’s channel to avoid the costs and allowing for hedging.

The problem with Stake is that there is no ISA option but I believe this is offset by the flexibility of trading with FX fees.

Thank you!

How are you putting in FX in outside of Stakes channel?

@Viktor BATG was already mentioned but it would be good to have a number of other L&G options available. For example:

BATG
GLGG
AIAG
ISPY
LGEG
LGGG
LGJG
AUCP
LGUK
LGUG
LGAG

• EPI WisdomTree India Earnings Fund

• EWT iShares MSCI Taiwan ETF

• CBON VanEck Vectors ChinaAMC China Bond ETF

-IShares MSCI KLD 400 Social Index

-Renaissance IPO Index etf

• Brookfield Asset Management Inc (BAM)

• PLMR Palomar Holdings

-TREX Trex Company, Inc

Stake does not allow you to have an ISA on it, does it?

BRNT or some other Brent Crude ETC

Why do you say they are useful for holding outside an ISA? Worth noting that the reinvested dividends are taxable (you are still deemed to have received them by HMRC).

@Viktor Inmode Ltd please
Nasdaq: INMD