Memphis Meats 🌱 πŸ”

Hay all, would people be interested in lab grown meats? Very similar to plant based meat substitute, I personally feel lab grown meats will be more of a seller in the future, but I could be massively wrong. I did hear that Bill gates and Richard Branson have invested in these areas as well. Thoughts? I would like to see more of these FREETRADE.

Cheers all and happy investing!

Hey Gary, plant-based meat is definitely an area a lot of Freetraders are interested in.

In fact, Beyond Meat was one of our most requested stocks before we added it to the app earlier this year.

We also took a deep dive into the company and the industry in our Weekend Read on Beyond Meat a while back.

I’m personally looking forward to an Impossible Foods IPO :seedling: :hamburger:

3 Likes

It’s a really fascinating industry for me, Iv seen hydroponic farms and truly believe that the traditional way of farming will soon be a thing of the past. The plant based meat substitute is very interesting with the news that one company is joining KFC and McDonald’s ( that’ll boost the share price haha ) but that’s all plant based, I feel with the current empathise in a clean environment lab grown meats will also take off soon, an article I was reading just before I posted the original post, mentioned about how they have already started on lab grown chicken and duck but is now looking to go into pork. Looking forward to the future in this industry!

2 Likes
1 Like

Today, Memphis Meats changed their name to UPSIDE, and their new product UPSIDE Chicken is soon to be released.

John Mackey, the CEO of Whole Foods announced an investment into UPSIDE.

I an allergic to the plant based foods like Beyond Meat, which also triggers my ADHD when I ate it in smaller amounts. I do not expect this problem with UPSIDE (Memphis Meats)

Vat grown meat is far more likely to replace the plant based pseudo meats. I think meat lovers will prefer this…

Their new website is https://www.upsidefoods.com/

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-05-12/whole-foods-founder-mackey-invests-in-producer-of-cultured-meat

1 Like