Microsoft Corporation 🖥🖱 - MSFT

WFH:

2 Likes
2 Likes

This was a great update from MSFT. I put a call option trade on this yesterday but it didn’t execute. Devastated lol

A reminder that it can take decades even for a great company to break through its all-time highs.

Think of your time horizon.

8 Likes

Related to this, it’s also important to look at pricing metrics, such as P/E ratios. Microsoft was at it’s highest of all time, 72.64 at the end of 4th Quarter 1999.

3 Likes

Great point. Looking at fundamentals such as the P/E ratio cannot be overrated enough.

Microsoft has announced two new features for excel which might be of interest to people on this forum.

1. Money in Excel - Partnership with Plaid which allows realtime feeds to your bank accounts, effectively acting as a PFM in excel. Looks quite cool especially for those who like more control
  2. Stocks - Ability to add stock prices, etc into excel directly (i.e. similar to google sheets)

Pretty early days - Money in Excel is only available in the USA and Stock feeds is in beta.

Both come as part of the Microsoft 365 subscription which is consistent with putting features behind a reoccurring subscription…

6 Likes

Microsoft is in talks to buy us affiliate of tiktok, omg what the price will look like when the deal goes through :smiling_imp:

Except Donald Trump is banning it through Executive Order having declared that a purchase of TikTok would not satisfy him.

Which is a shame. I would love for Microsoft to own them.

Trump banning TikTok in America might force ByteDance’s hand…A huge market would close to them.

1 Aug 2020, 12:10 by freetrade@discoursemail.com:

Free market meritocracy.

If China perceives Trump’s ban as an attempt to soften up ByteDance for a cheap TikTok sale to a US tech giant, the hostility between the two powers could ramp up a notch or two. Fairly irresponsible policy move for a US President going into election season. But since when has Trump ever been responsible…

1 Aug 2020, 13:12 by freetrade@discoursemail.com:

5 Likes

BBC News - Microsoft to continue talks to buy TikTok’s US operations

1 Like

TikTok CEO resigns. All but admits company will be sold in a week, likely to Microsoft. I wonder if part of deal wimi will be bought out too. If not now, probably later.

Just straight up bought Bethesda for $7.5bn :joy:. Huge W imo what are people’s thoughts

5 Likes

Xbox finally getting useful exclusives.

They kind of needed to, Sony was kicking their ass with exclusives for the Playstation