Unity Software Inc U

This company develops a cross-platform game engine called Unity, making it possible to create and operate interactive, real-time 3D content.

Hopefully this won’t be hidden behind the Plus+ paywall?

Seen a few other posts on the matter but here’s the request post.

Just announced that it’s going public and this could have huge growth with the amount it is used worldwide.

Hoping Freetrade add this for free…

Just announced that it’s going public and this could have huge growth with the amount it is used worldwide.

Hey @Robbo and @dragosMLT, thanks for the request.

Our plan is to make big new IPOs like this available to everyone.

3 Likes

The problem i see with most tech based IPO’s is that they generally are hyped-up before the float, making the price higher. In a lot of cases you’ll be better off waiting a few weeks/months before investing.

5 Likes

Last raise at $6bn, which hurts with that level of cash burn. I think it’s got a better growth story than Unreal but at least epic is profitable… The CEO being litigated for harassment and being in the former employ of EA is also a big red flag to me.

It’s quite clear they will need to raise again, so I wouldn’t pick it up until it reaches a much lower revenue multiple.

Someone read through the s1 - quite interesting https://twitter.com/marketplunger1/status/1297988376369541121?s=21

1 Like

Yes please!

2 Likes

Hi Sam, glad to see this has been merged with the other Unity thread, but that one had 10 votes and this one only has 8. I know some are likely to be duplicates (such as mine), but we’re definitely missing at least 2.

Any chance of adding these missing votes on? :slightly_smiling_face: Or would the users need to re-vote?

Given the great work that’s been done with snowflake IPO, are there any chances we get Unity as well?

1 Like

+1 for this. Would love to see it added soon

1 Like

On FT :blush:

1 Like

Is $68 dollars too high? Snowflake has confused me in terms of a post Ipo rise.

I think so right now. It was estimated at around $45. I’m gonna hold off and wait during this tech correction downtrend but I might be wrong.

Update - Just seen - Ark Investment have bought 148k+ shares!

I’ve invested a small amount into Unity, and the price has now halved. Should I sell or wait for the price to go up? What happens if the stock price goes to 0?

IMHO it’s one for the future so I wouldn’t take the hit*

*Not advise