Unity Software Inc U

It’s unlikely that the stock price will go to 0 unless something goes terribly wrong. I recommend doing some reading up on Unity and their current position in the market, future plans, and present/possible future competition. A risk analysis of sorts. Then, judge whether you think the stock will be profitable for you in the future. Use this judgment to guide your decision.

1 Like

Look at the business, not the volatility. Does this company have the potential to grow in the long run? Have they consistently reported good results? How are they financially? Do they have competitive advantages? The answers to these and other questions may help you decide whether or not to sell is the best decision.

This…hasn’t gone down well in the Dev community.

My suspicions about management were right, especially the former EA exec as CEO. This just accelerates Unreal’s dominance.

Can Tencent IPO Epic already :grin:

Nope not app lovin it at all

Game-dev twitter aflame at Unity’s new per-install payment structure. Shares down 5% today.

I think this is more a messaging fuck-up than anything else. Like originally claiming that someone uninstalling and then reinstalling the game would incur the fee again. And not clarifying how demos, cheap charity bundles, or game-pass subscription type games would be charged.

Unity essentially want to raise their prices, and they probably can. After all, Unreal have a royalty based model. But Unity probably shouldn’t raise their prices in a way that produces charts like this -

3 Likes

I’d say I’m surprised and yet…

I think this article tells you all about their fees. Give it a read.

https://www.axios.com/2023/09/13/unity-runtime-fee-policy-marc-whitten