Milestones: What to expect from the week ahead - 2021/11/08

Hi Folks,

I thought I’d try something new out for the community tonight. Hopefully this can be a repeating piece that I’ll try and put together every week (time permitting) highlighting some of the milestone for the week ahead. So without further ado let’s get rollin’ rollin’ rollin’

:us: :us: :us: :us: :us: :us: :us: :us: :us: :us: American Companies :us: :us: :us: :us: :us: :us: :us: :us: :us:

Virgin Galatic $SPCE
With no new flights until 2022 how much are they spending and what on? This will be a question on everyone lips. The delay to the flight program is not due to a manufacturing defect, Virgin assures us, so will there be any guidance on the refurbishment and upgrades program?

Q3 Report due after close on Monday 8th

Paypal
The market didn’t like the loosely floated plan to buy Pintrest sending the stock down and then back up a bit once they announced they weren’t pursuing the deal. Paypal has come a long way since it was spun out of eBay at $37 a share leaving its old parent in the dust. However trading up just 10% for the last 12 months it has most analysts expecting the stock back in the $300 range - will the Q3 earnings be the catalyst.

Lemonade $LMND
I am a holder of Lemonade stock
Its been a rollercoaster ride over the last few months trading with the stock off over -60% from the all time high in January. The insure tech company recently tiptoed into the car insurance market after only tackling renters and pet insurance previously. Lemonade have the right story and brand in place but the need to start back this up with the numbers if they want to get anywhere near the January highs.

Roblox $RBLX
After recording 46% year over year growth for daily active users in Q2 and coining in $15.41 per user this is going to be the yard stick the markets measure Q3 against. Of the 9 analysts who cover this stock 7 have buy or strong buy with upsides ranging from $80 - $103.

Palantir
The big data brainchild of Peter Thiel and darling of a sub reddit that cannot be named reports Q3 earning before the markets open on Tuesday.
Getting a HOLD with average price of $24.83 the analysts aren’t expecting anything crazy this week. That said it has beaten expectations on all 4 of its earnings reports as a private company and has is on track to hit its targets to increase revenue from $1.5bn to $4bn by 2024.

Q3 Report due after before the bell on Tuesday 9th

Coinbase $COIN
As goes Bitcoin, Coinbase goes, well, that’s the theory at least. Coinbase are doing all they can to remove this link offering more coins and other complimentary add ons. Coming of the back of a volatile quarter in the crypto markets but with prices remaining high it’ll be interesting to see if Coin base is a good boi or in the dog house

Nio $NIO
Chinese EV maker NIO are reporting Q3 number on Tuesday evening. Across the board this is received a very strong buy rating with the lowest analyst giving it a price target of $110 or 250% at the current close price. The head winds for NIO are same for all EV makers and anyone building tech hardware at the moment chips.

Sofi $SOFI
I hold some Sofi stock
Positive noises keep coming out of this recently de-spac’d fintech. Getting a HOLD rating with not a lot of upside expected seems at odds with all the companies movements. Securing a banking licence is a big step in access cheaper fund and more people. Student loan refinancing which is a big revenue earner for Sofi should pick up with the pandemic measures removed by the US government.

Walt Disney Co $DIS
Everyone favourite mouse has his turn in the spotlight with final results due for the media monolith on Wednesday. Widly expected to beat expectations as it has over the previous 4 quarters these results will all be about growth to the streaming service Disney +. You can watch the earnings call at 21:30 on the Disney website

:uk: :uk: :uk: :uk: :uk: :uk: :uk: :uk: :uk: :uk: British Stocks :uk: :uk: :uk: :uk: :uk: :uk: :uk: :uk: :uk: :uk: :uk: :uk:

Marks and Spencer £MKS
Lets get the big news out of the way first … the M&S Christmas Advert has been released and if your a fan of adverting replacing genuine tradition you don’t need me to tell you its stars Dawn French as a fairy and pig voiced by Spiderman.

The good feeling seems to be back in M&S with no analysts recommended a SELL for the first time in years. Earnings are expected to surpass the pre pandemic numbers by a long way - is there life in this one yet?

AB Foods £ABF
If you don’t know who Associated British Foods are you’d be forgiven, they own Primark, if you want to read more about them check to this article from a nameless :freetrade: scribe. They own a range of other name brands but seem to have had a torrid 8 years trading sideways - this would be fine if their dividend yield ever broke 3%.

Persimmion £PSN & Taylor Wimpey £TW
Both reporting quarterly updates with many watching like hawks to see if the demand for new homes continues. The Stamp duty holiday formally ended in September but with homes being sold 6+ off plan this hasn’t been as much use to the home builders recently. The risk of the Bank of England raising interest rates and thus higher mortgage payments is the biggest worry facing the two of biggest builders but the rising cost of materials can’t be ignored.

Well that’s all for now folks from your friendly dinosaur :wave: and remember often the best trade is no trade at all.

37 Likes

Would you be willing to share your stock / share holdings? Thank you for the post, good read!

1 Like

Only if I hold something and it comes up I’ll say - transparency should be the name of the game.

2 Likes

Thanks @NeilB :+1:

Have my :crossed_fingers: for TW, Dividend payment is also due 12 Nov.

3 Likes

Thanks for taking the time to put all that together. Always appreciated to glean more information.

3 Likes

@Optimisery when that dividend notification pops up

3 Likes

More like

:laughing:

8 Likes

Im quite deep into coinbase with 20 plus shares and a coinbase portfolio amongst others so Im looking ford to their 3rd quarter earnings report. Should be a good one… follow the money :moneybag:

UK home building market could be a trickery one. I used to own Persimmon but sold out some time ago at breakeven. Ive certainly noticed a rise in materials as was going to build a single story extension and then got quoted 50k so I didn’t bother, money could be better used elsewhere for much higher return.

2 Likes

Top man! I think the Honey team now need to up their game as they are now the 2nd best review I get from an FT related source :rofl: Really like the links and single paragraph, straight to the point, details with links. :+1: And it doesn’t clog my email box, Bonus.

Now the hard part is keeping it up, FT should give you the role so at least you get the rewards and time to do it. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Velo3D earnings report on the 9th :+1:

2 Likes

How did I miss that one?! I have some VELO3D! :man_facepalming:t2:

2 Likes

Thanks @Big-g but please don’t set the Honey crew on me - They think nothing of fighting dirty :t_rex::boxing_glove::honey_pot:

1 Like

from Imgflip Meme Generator

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

4 Likes

Probably the only situation where it’s OK to be happy that the glass ceiling is not being broken.

1 Like

Looks like the analyst might have been to pessimistic. RBLX is traded if at $103 up 33% after revenues doubled in Q3.

Holders (like me) loved to see the earning estimate beaten today but the market is not a fan of the announced purchase of Metromile.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/other/heres-why-the-market-soured-on-lemonade-stock-today/ar-AAQvrnK

Coinbase $COIN
As goes Bitcoin, Coinbase goes, well, that’s the theory at least. Coinbase are doing all they can to remove this link offering more coins and other complimentary add ons. Coming of the back of a volatile quarter in the crypto markets but with prices remaining high it’ll be interesting to see if Coin base is a good boi or in the dog house

So it’s dog house then. Revenue dropped 40% from the previous quarter. This is the problem of a transactional business model that is pegged to volatility. Maybe I’m old fashioned but the last 3 months seems volatile enough.

This topic was automatically closed 416 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.