Monthly FT Statement with Fees and Charges etc

The UK AIM (not the standard FTSE) stocks are commission freeā€¦

UK ETFs are free, although scrolling down to ā€˜Costs and Chargesā€™ on some ETFsā€¦ thereā€™s an ā€˜Ongoing chargesā€™ section which seems to have varying percentages in itā€¦

All stocks on freetrade are commission free. I think you might be thinking of stamp duty at 0.5% which is a government tax. Most AIM stocks donā€™t have stamp duty

Almost all ETFs will have an ongoing fee which is essentially the management fee levies by the ETF manager for running the ETF.

You might also see transaction fees/cost, this is an indication of the costs of transactions occurred in the fund from the previous year

Thatā€™s just the cost of trading isnā€™t it?

Most platforms have FX fees, Iā€™m not sure what else there is to sayā€¦ itā€™s only 0.45%.

If youā€™re trading Ā£120k a year then Ā£500 shouldnā€™t be a large cost if youā€™re a successful trader.

True. Unless like me you fund your etoro account with a credit card that has zero fees so itā€™s just the current gbp/usd exchange rate that applies :grin:

I believe places like IG do deals for frequent traders where the FX fee on trading US stocks is Ā£0 if you do more than 3 trades in the previous month (commission on those is Ā£10 each)ā€¦

If youā€™re a frequent trader, that seems less painful

Thatā€™s trading fees.

FX is still 0.5% for IG as far as Iā€™m aware.

Iā€™m not saying FT are the best for every type of trader/investor, but their offering is fairly competitive and good value across the board IMO.

1 Like

I think the free AIM stocks and ETFs are great value.

I can see why theyā€™re so popular with the FT community now.

This topic was automatically closed 416 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.