My first £1000 profit - Thank you Freetrade!

Today I’m celebrating a milestone. Thank you Freetrade for making this possible. Despite all the issues with US orders I still think this platform deserves kudos for the huge amount of stocks available and easy-to-use interface!

!

41 Likes

Good on yer son

6 Likes

If you’d got a savings ISA at 0.5% interest it only would’ve taken 31 years :wink:. What’s the next target then?

6 Likes

Good stuff, very interesting too that if you’d dumped it all into VWRL, you’d have hit that milestone a while ago :eyes:.

4 Likes

no need to be rude :slight_smile:

1 Like

Fantastic. Love these posts.

Vwrl only made 9.25% last year. Tho obviously it’s climbed a lot more than that due to its dip.

5 Likes

Great stuff Ivan, let’s hope it keeps on growing :muscle:t2:

2 Likes

That isn’t rude, it’s an interesting fact :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Great news!!! Trouble is its likely to drop next week below a grand and then probably go back up then down again. The rollercoaster ride that is the stock market. :roller_coaster:

1 Like

Not if you are in Tesla it doesn’t :smiley:

If he was in Tesla then he would be up more than a grand!

1 Like

Cheers!

1 Like

Totally! Bank ISAs are like burning money…
Next, I’ll just keep reinvesting it and see if I can keep it going using the same strategy

Yeah I guess…but I’ve been testing a new, very diversified strategy on this account though, and it’s been growing slowly but steadily, which was what I was trying to achieve

Whatever works for you mate, and I hope you succeed! I wouldn’t put it all in VWRL myself, until I’m at a certain £ figure in my account, so I’m all for what you’re doing!

1 Like

Hey mate well done. I would really look into getting an isa though. If you make big gains you won’t pay tax. And its only £36 a year. I’m no financial advisor but look into the pros and cons. Congratulations again. Keep building for your future

2 Likes

Good job! Now, what say we buy some BTC. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Congratulations! I’ve recently hit the same milestone. Started investing in March when the markets crashed. Keep it up! :relieved:

11 Likes

I invested 2000£ in March when the markets crashed, how I wish I invested more!!
I guess it’s easy in hindsight…

3 Likes

Great stuff! I started a little later :slight_smile: Keep me posted on your next target!

2 Likes