Nikola Motors - NKLA - Share Chat

NVM I opened HL.com bought 50 shares and now in profit £1500 :slight_smile: I managed to get some at £16 and £21

Could you please add Nikola Corporation
NASDAQ: NKLA to Freetarde as I see tremendless potential in this stock however I don’t want to use another platform for my stocks.

Seconding this. Only use this platform and wanted do drop a large chunk of cash on this last week…

1 Like

Be very careful with this stock it can easily go to zero.

3 Likes

The same opinions have been said about Tesla. Nikola is more than electric power, they invest also in Hydrogen which, I believe will really kick off considering all the “environmental friendliness” pressure from the high powers.

I agree be careful with this stock. Tesla had the roadster available for sale before the stock was publicly traded however Nikola has no products for sale with a $25 billion market cap. I think it will crash badly seems like a pump and dump stock. It’s no Tesla!

2 Likes

There is already a thread for this

Nikola was just added today!

1 Like

Just in time for the ‘dump’ part of ‘pump and dump’.

The big question for potential orders is the cost of refuelling per mile/km of the hydrogen verses the Tesla all electric.
I’ve seen estimates that hydrogen could be 5-7 time more expensive to refuel than electric charging.

Was fortunate enough to make a handsome profit on this by buying pre merger and selling at the peak the other day through another broker. Will buy back in once the hype dies down though, see a really strong future here.

Just my 2 cents on this and apologies if I’m stating the obvious/repeating what someone has already said… (If anyone wants to correct anything I say - I’m always up for learning from others!)

My understanding is this:

Nikola provides trucks on a fully vertically integrated basis (they own the entire supply chain) - you pay a deposit on a truck and a price per mile, when you need to refuel you would visit a Nikola refuelling station and fill up (cost included in the per mile rate). They have agreements in place to purchase Hydrogen at a guaranteed price over an extended period (approx 15-20 years off the top of my head). The total price (deposit + per mile rate) works out to be less than buying and fuelling a traditional truck (in theory at least).

This vertically integrated solution is where the real potential lies in my opinion. With a traditional diesel truck (approx $150k) the manufacturer makes profit on this, but this is insignificant in comparison to the fuel cost throughout the lifetime of the average truck (approx $1million) - so the real winners when a truck is purchased are the oil companies.

By providing a vertically integrated solution with a pre-agreed price of hydrogen, Nikola are able to undercut the total cost of the average truck whilst getting a slice of the whole pie.

Pretty clever!

2 Likes

What would you be willing to buy in for now?

So their business model is kind of leasing?

I guess a very extreme form of leasing, where they cover all the costs (for a fee).

I think the stock is too high right now, but I think the business model makes huge sense

1 Like

Massive hype stock. No product, not even a product launch date. They chose the closest name to Telsa that they probably could. Jumping on the electric vehicle bandwagon. Going to market in a reverse takeover with a special purpose acquisition company, which is the least reputable way. They don’t even have a factory.

Where will the hydrogen fuel network come from and why don’t we see any hydrogen cars currently?

Can anyone tell me what assets this company actually has and what the business case for investing is?

This reminds me of the meat substitute companies.

2 Likes

Personally - way too hot at these prices, think that there are better opportunities out there right now. If it drops back into the 40’s or some real production progress is made I would start to consider it again for a long term hold.

As I eluded to (or tried to) in my previous post - all of this is in theory. I’d want to see real evidence of this vertical solution being feasible before I would be comfortable with the current valuation.

Having said all that, companies with this kind of hype surrounding them often defy rational expectation and end up priced for success long before it is ever achieved.

When the founder and Executive Chairman is willing to sell at $10, that should give you a ball park figure of what the shares are worth.

1 Like

Too much of a hype. I believe in hydrogen cars but moer in an established brand like Toyota. I like BramblerJohns comment: if the chairman sells for $10 while it is supposedly worth much more, then that should serve as a warning. It’s tempting to get in but I think it is way too overprices for where the company is at right now.

1 Like

Am I missing something here?

Hydrogen fuelled trucks exists as a technology for a long time - in Greece we have hydrogen fuelled public buses (not the fastest ones out there) for over 10yrs now.

What’s so special with this company?

It’s a pump and dump running on TSLA clone hype. Nothing about this company justifies its current price.

4 Likes

Even Tesla wasn’t valued like this when it had 0 cars produced.

2 Likes