Nikola Motors - NKLA - Share Chat

Don’t be negative! I’ve just bet my life savings on it

/s

5 Likes

I think as a long term hold it could be a good purchase, I think the price right now is a lot ahead of where it should be.

Petrol cars are going, that is a fact.

I think the leasing /transport as a service or as Trevor Milton described it ZAAS zero emissions as a service lacks substance. The anecdote he gives of oil companies taking in 750k of revenue per truck whereas the truck manufacturer takes 150k is just a soundbite with no compelling opportunity beneath it. He keeps talking about vertically integrated and a few sentences later says they are partnering for everything because they dont have to do everything themselves. The Badger pick up truck will not happen without a partner company to build and run a factory.

And vertically integrated in and if itself is not necessarily better. The efficiencies people expect often dont materialize. And different areas of the business may be prevented from operating efficiently because of a centralized command.

I instead buy Nio, product on the market, attractive valuation, cheap, long-term potential huge

3 Likes

I think there will be opportunities to take advantage of the disdain, rightly or wrongly, many america centric investors have for Chinese companies.

Even at the current price (not challenging just curious)?

1 Like

You think Nio is currently expensive? Don’t want to go too much off topic, I think NKLA is but less convinced Nio is

NIO is not on FT is it?

Yes I own nio on freetrade

1 Like

Both NIO and NKLA are on Freetrade

1 Like

I was very lucky, I bought into NIO @ $2.78 and NKLA @ $11.28. Unfortunately I was cautious in both cases and didn’t buy many.

1 Like

Not in the ISA-eligible stock, hence I could not see them. I don’t think I will be buying them in that case.

I do yes… really interested to here why you don’t think so?

Agreed, can’t how Nikola with no product price per share is so much more than NIO

Nikola Founder Exaggerated the Capability of His Debut Truck [“Bloomberg - Are you a robot?”]

That truck can’t even move. This company is growing to be another WeWork size catastrophe and WeWork actually had a business. This is just a big con it seems like just now.

Its perfectly standard practice for demo vehicles on stages to not be drive-able, its an alarmist non story tbh.

There are definitely some areas of concern, but the same can be said of Tesla at the same stage of their journey. An early demo vehicle being a mock up isn’t one of them.

1 Like

Understandable with models but not with boosting CEO-s. The truck is not drivable and many people contested this before. They have a product what never left the test bench. It’s not a problem! The problem comes when the CEO say otherwise.

I wish freetrade allowed shorting for stocks like this! When Tesla had a $25bn valuation in 2013 they were releasing the Model S (and making it themselves!) to reviews of best car in the world having successfully made the roadster a cool status symbol for techies and Hollywood.
Everything about Nikola is just an off-brand wannabe Tesla, and their CEO seems more of a mercenary than the missionary that Musk (love him or hate him) is.

3 Likes

That’s true, but I would never consider shorting a hype stock like this even when I don’t believe in the valuation. There’s no saying where the top will be when it’s running on hype, you could get a margin call and lose your shirt just in time to miss the crash

All true, but that doesn’t mean I don’t want to try!