Notification When Stock Drops a % From Your Buy Price

This is not major but I like it as an additional. A broker I use, sends you an email when your stock dips below 10% to your break-even point. I think it adds a layer of security for those who wish to get out of a position especially when FT don’t have stop-losses yet. But personally I just like to know and it helps me calculate will I average down etc. I usually do, if I bought 10% higher and I liked the stock I usually think its ok to be getting in 10% lower

They only show depreciation per share. Maybe total value and per share value is the way to go

Edit: They do this for 10% but I’ve yet to see a 20% and so on. Every 10% milestone email alert would be what I would be looking for

This would be great and useful tool for managing automatically potential gains and losses. personally I would love to see IFTT (IF This Then That, an app) Integration meaning I can automatically sell/buy shares when they hit a certain threshold. Having some kind of API (application program interface) access means Freetrade can play nicely with other apps I use to manage my finances and investments. I would love to see what the community could do if Freetrade were more open and accessible to developers.

4 Likes

That’s interesting, because the requirement from mifid ii is that the client needs to be notified of a 10% depreciation of their PORTFOLIO value from the last reporting end.

More reading: https://www.ftadviser.com/investments/2018/02/07/how-to-prepare-for-mifid-ii-s-10-per-cent-rule/

Isn’t this all similar to a stop loss or trailing stop loss?

Setting a stop or limit at a certain price to sell your order?

Na because it doesn’t trigger a sell. Just info

YES, This seems to be an interesting feature;

*etoro has an alert system, which alerts you when a certain share gain or drop on % value. I’m not sure if that applies to etoro portfolio gains/drop.

*T212 has price alert, which can be adjusted to personal preferences. But I’m afraid they also dont offer portfolio gain/drops as of today.
However they offer a slightly different alerts in CFD account which is their USP. (Top Winner/ Losser from their universe)