Nvidia 🍟 💻 - NVDA

Hi Kiava. There is a concern that the whole S&P is massively overvalued. Twice the FTSE I think I read somewhere. Are US firms twice as “good”? Maybe. I’m still approx 30% S&P (I include SMT and Allianz tech Trust in that as they are largely US-centric) but am also investing in (supposedly!) high quality European and UK investment trusts, as well as vanguard FTSE 250 and emerging markets ETFs. Truth is no one has a crystal ball so I’m spreading my investments far and wide!

1 Like

Neither did every bubble that proceeded this one. I’m not calling this a bubble but
giphy

There are hundreds of AI start up that are raising millions just to get the compute power. This is not sustainable.

and all the startups will fail and NVDA will reign supreme. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Fair point and I forgot to mention, Nvidia’s P/E ratio is about 200. Unilever is 16. Rio Tinto (admittedly cyclical) is about 8. Even Diageo (where you pay a “premium” for a quality stock) is 17. All those UK ones pay good divs too. Make of that what you will! I still think Nvidia is a great company, and there’s no reason a $1 trillion company can’t become a $2 trillion company, but even so……

With nobody willing to pay stupidly over-inflated prices. NVDA is a great company and by all accounts well run but it is not a good investment with these financials.

waiting for a 20 PE ratio , NVDA not seen that since 2015 and their price was $4.84
I guess that was the time to get in :rofl:
for transparency I am long NVDA @$160

1 Like

The US economic engine is much much bigger than the U.K. one. You would expect the S&P to be much bigger in total cap terms than the ftse100 by miles. It is not for no reason that ftse100 is referred, perhaps unfairly, as the home of the dinosaurs.

Many of the ftse100 companies make much of their money overseas. But the point is the Nasdaq and S&P are home to most of exchange tradable innovative companies on this planet.

1 Like

Boom :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Although I don’t have a position in NVDA, I do however have leveraged position in the Nasdaq and these earnings are going to move it. :chart_with_upwards_trend:

1 Like

:blush:
$25billon share buy back

1 Like

The NQ up over 100 points after hours. Will be a good day tomorrow :smiling_face:

2 Likes

The one time your happy that your semiconductor ETF is overweight :joy::sunglasses:

1 Like

Which etf

Yes I have seen plenty videos saying the USA is expensive and the contuined share price is unsustainable. The public just keep buying but we shall see what happens.

Good luck on your investment hope your strategy goes well :slight_smile:

1 Like

That ETF is SEMG - it’s not on FT.

FT has SMGB - though Nvidia holding is around 10% on that.

S&P 500 Information Technology IITU will get you 12% in Nvidia.

1 Like

What a time to be alive, why would anyone invest in any UK stock :innocent:

1 Like

Stop playing with my emotions sonic if I buy now it will only burst the bubble and then I need to wait for 40 years for my beloved nvidia to recover.

1 Like

Dont get greedy. But yes agree FTSE stocks dont get my pulses going at all.

Rolls isn’t doing to bad on the 1 year scale vs nivida

But then you can’t really compare

You gotta love the stock market. Always keeping you on you toes :joy:
TBF I don’t think I’ve ever seen the QQQ sell off so much as it did today.
:face_with_peeking_eye:
NVDA was the only stock that stayed green in my portfolio

NVDA +0.10%

AMD -6.9%

2 Likes