Olaplex Holdings Inc - OLPX

I think this would be an incredible company to have on FT with the upcoming IPO. Would be great to get in early and be able to purchase tomorrow - that won’t happen, and I’m not a member anywhere else to be able to! :sob:

If you want it on you have to add your own vote click above :+1:t2:

Thanks Leon!

I joined FT hoping to be able to buy Olaplex tomorrow! Would any other app have it?

1 Like

Hi @sabrina_249 welcome to the forum and the FT community.

The app is ready to go, you’ll need to wait for the market to open AND shares to hit the secondary market. This can take hours from when they’re live in some cases.

What do you know about this stock, anything you can share with us? I know nothing and I assume most of the member are the same.

1 Like

I don’t suppose @sabrina_249 youd like to help the community out and eat a whole load of :heart: which translate into … nothing at all!!

Some of us FT crowdfunders like to track user growth and the only way we can do this is by new users sharing their user number. It serve no other purpose but would help us out a lot.

What do you mean @NeilB ?? :thinking:

Hi @NeilB thank you for the info!

Olaplex is a hair care product/treatment, but I think you’d be hard pressed to find a salon that doesn’t use it at the moment. It stops bleached hair from being damaged meaning hair stylists can lift hair colour in one sitting instead of multiple visits without hair falling apart.

I think there are a few alternative products on the market, but none with the reputation /salon backing that Olaplex has, which is why I think it’s a good stock to invest in.

It has a good social media following and a lot of people with treated hair are buying for use at home too.

I’ll try and work out the user number thing now :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Brilliant thanks @sabrina_249 - this community is at its best when a wide range of people share what they know - I’ve learned something today!

If you click on the profile in the top right your user number is below your name. I’d guess you’re somewhere around 950,000. Check the thread and you’ll see lots of people have shared, fell free to XXX the last 2 or 3 numbers if you’re worried.

Once again welcome to the forum :wave:t2: and good luck getting some stock today, IPO day can be a wild ride!

Thanks for adding this so quickly, much appreciated. Let’s hope for green :crossed_fingers:t2:

3 Likes

My partner told me about this listing because she saw it on TikTok! I made a request within about 30 seconds because even I know how huge this brand is!

3 Likes

Yeah I prob saw the same TikTok about the IPO! Tbh I didn’t even realise it wasn’t already offered given how huge a brand it is. Glad it’s going to be available on FT :ok_hand:

2 Likes

Patiently waiting for shares to drop into the secondary market…. Hopefully will happen sooner rather than later!

What’s crazy is the company is huge in terms of salons and “if you know, you know” but in the grand scheme of things, they are tiny and just at the begining of what I imagine will be a prosperous long future.

With their patents I confident they will be laughing. Give them 10 years and every household will know / own the product same way they do with Moroccan Oil

2 Likes

Nothing on WeBull yet so I’m not sure how far ‘behind’ FT are, if at all!

1 Like

Exactly why I wanted them on FT as fast as humanly possible!

1 Like

Hi everyone,

Brand new to the investment world! I plan to buy into Olaplex when it goes live, so excited (also nervous lol)

Is it common to invest a small amount to see how it goes first then increase, or do most people go in heavy?

1 Like

Hey Flona and welcome! Honestly it’s entirely up to you and what you feel most comfortable with. I think you’ll find a mixed bag of answers to your question.

Only ever invest what you are comfortable doing so.

Best of luck! I too will be putting a position down into Olaplex :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hi @Flona 2 ways you can look at this

1. go big if you believe in company and if it drops your in negative if does and in red and probably keep forever ha

2. go small see how it starts not lose much if anything and slowing increase knowing you Havent made/taken to much risk at begining

Always invest what you potentially could lose and not depend on it as could be in negative for while or positive if works out!

As with new stock flotation (IPO’S) they can sometimes start high and then suddenly drop from original starting price

And DYOR (do your own research)
This isn’t financial advice just my opinion :smiley: X

2 Likes

Thanks @deividcole & @Leonm1182 really helpful advice here😊

2 Likes