PayPal - PYPL - Share Chat

PYPL is a solid long term position and it’s at a discounted evaluation right now so makes sense to buy in - the question is when.

I’m buying in just before moments of resistment while the stock falls in the expectation that when it reaches a low enough price triggers will be made and it’ll shoot up before I can catch it. That way I don’t miss the train.

This is not investment advice.

1 Like

This is one for the reason I want to get in these big financial positions aren’t going anywhere.

How low in your opinion do you think this will go?
Where would you say there is support for the price

Impossible to know for sure but it looks like it’s reaching the end of the down turn if you look at the day over day reduction it’s been shrinking.

I’d cautiously say another couple days but it’d just take another big shift in capital for it to have a second slump while the stocks in the vulnerable position.

Edit: so far I have bought in small on 27th, big from 29th - 3rd

This is not investment advice.

PayPal lost eBay income this year which was a substantial amount.

1 Like

Still surprised its hit the stock so much, the transition was first announced in 2015 with eBay starting to properly moving away in 2018.

I only went to eBay payments about 5 months ago and I was one of the first

Has anyone got any further points on this stock as it’s recovery seems to be dragging out.

Looks like everyone other than Klarna are destined to become a feature not a stand alone company.

How is Klarna different?

Klarna we’re valued at $45bn last round 3 months ago. If/when they IPO they’ll be $60bn which is probably too big to justify a takeover. If you’re paying big money there is limited headroom to improve the valuation.

1 Like

Affirm AFRM in US still solo

going great guns with AMZN tie up

r

There are plenty of examples of independent buy now pay later companies but the tide is turning. Amazon don’t need anyone to offer finance on their behalf, when the market get to a size worth their attention they’ll add the feature to Amazon pay and roll it out everywhere.

1 Like

agreed , always a risk

or they could get bought , like Square did Afterpay

1 Like

PayPal “We’re thinking about buying Pinterest”

The Market “Don’t do that it’s a bad idea, we’re knocking 5% off your share price”

Paypal “We’re not thinking about it anymore”

The Market “That’s better, have 2% back”

3 Likes

Look what I did! :smiley: I’m so proud of my market shaping trades. There’s me investing at that peak.

9 Likes

Yo thinking of buying this now that its last year’s price. Any reason why not

Copycat.

2 Likes

Do you know why it dropped? I cannot imagine not buying pininterst would affect the price so significantly.

What else went on?