Plus Paywall Stocks Poll

All depends on how much you invested i think it needed to be Ā£ 1000 or more for 3 months free.Thats if I remember it correctly.

1 Like

Ahhh cool. I only noticed I had it free for life and that was the round I invested.

Just my two cents - I didnā€™t mind paying Ā£1 for instant trades when I first started out, that seemed like I was paying for a premium service when I needed it.

Plus annoys the hell out of me, and like others said I will be moving at least partially over to 212. Which is a shame because I like Freetrade.

I donā€™t mind paying for ā€˜premiumā€™ features, but having some stocks locked behind a paywall I find extremely irritating.

3 Likes

I feel they got the pricing wrong with the plus service. Iā€™d love to see FT being transparent and giving us numbers on how many users are currently paying them Ā£9.99 a month

I would definitely pay Ā£5.99 to add on wouldnā€™t it be a better business model to have more people opt in at this price point rather having just a handful

Ā£5.99 forever or an increase in price later on?

Do you currently pay for an ISA with Freetrade? If so, Plus is only Ā£7 extra per month.
Also I donā€™t see why the FT team would start producing numbers to an online forum? Iā€™d hope theyā€™re busy with other mattersā€¦

1 Like

Itā€™s not like theyā€™d have to do a truck load of work to publish the information. They would surely have an analytics tool which can give them the info at the click of a button

However, I agree they donā€™t need to publish this data but if itā€™s not working (atleast from the votes I think itā€™s not) as a startup youā€™d be better of pivoting early

Not sure, but would be a good starting point

Although the vast majority from the votes say they wonā€™t use plus, 20% isnā€™t that bad is it? What is a good conversion for a company with similar business model that is successful? Overtime this percentage will go up as people have more money in their accounts. I must say reading this community forum is getting a bit dull with all the complaints!

3 Likes

I donā€™t think itā€™s wise to make that information publicly available unless you really have to (like for crowdfunding and stat accounts), otherwise youā€™re just Iā€™m giving your competition valuable data.
Also wanted to add on Plus - this forum cannot fully represent the views of all 280k users.

They have no plan to increase the price and donā€™t want to end up in a scenario of changing prices later on.

1 Like

There have been just 1.9k active users in the last 30 days. The community represents and vocal minority.

A lot of that minority is biased, demanding, impatient, and overly critical due to being Freetrade investors, or at least engaged, experienced investors in general.

Freetrade have access to a lot more metrics and data than we do. Sometimes it would be nice if they justified their decisions by saying thay, but also they shouldnā€™t really have to.

13 Likes

Very well said.

Whatā€™s the difference between a user and an active user? How is a user a subset of active users? Or am I reading this wrong

Users is new community sign ups (note, thats not new Freetrade users). Active users is how many users (new and old) have posted, liked a post, etc.

1 Like

I am not planning of moving shares from freetrade. i will be buying more of the stocks i have they are moving to the paid wall on other platforms

1 Like

Also interested in buying your shares at last roundā€™s price if theyā€™ve not gone already

1 Like

I donā€™t think
There is no free lunch
Even founding members are not getting it for free(I guess :thinking:)

In most rounds you could get it for free for life when investing a considerable amount.

I bought plus to get limit orders.

They also brought a system in where you get paid 3% interest on cash balance up to 4k on plus. In my case that will pay for my 7/monthy costs, as I have the ISA anyway. Probably net me around 35/year.

3 Likes