Poll: Is Freetrade your main broker?

Was mentioned quite a bit on the comments section after the AMA with Adam. The community certainly wouldnā€™t miss something like that!

2 Likes

Yup, very strong growth it seems.

I just hope theyā€™re forthcoming with details - active users, AUA, revenue, etc. Will be interesting to look under the hood.

I doubt they will crowdfund this quarter, with all thatā€™s going on in the world. It would make more sense to wait till things stabilise (and I think Adam said something along those lines)

1 Like

The people who mostly use and invest in Freetrade are unaffected by the lockdown earnings wise. Trading activity is up a lot with the volatility as well.

Not sure about where profitability is coming from with the extreme low interest environment.

What drew you to that assumption? Also not challenging, just curious.

Freetrade has a largely millenial user base, and -to my understanding- consensus sentiment is this demographic has, unfortunately, been disproportionately affected by COVID-19 (redundancies, furlough, etc) . I think the recent surge is more, as you touched on, down to attractive stock valuations/low bond yields ; i.e people are heavily incentivised to invest with what disposable income may remain. Just my two pence.

3 Likes

Hmm you may be right.

Maybe more that the investors have enough money rather than the users of the platform?

Assuming out from the people I know who use it rather than anything else. And obv I donā€™t know that many millenials.

1 Like
4 Likes

I think they will be pitching the crowdfunding after the big roll outs. Fractionals and more stocks plus perhaps passing 200k users. I expect last year they would have planned May but now I expect it will be nearer August. Other things on many peopleā€™s minds right now.

Editā€¦ maybe not :grin:

2 Likes

One huge benefit of crowdfunding is the massive publicity it freely generates as all the papers talk about it.

2 Likes

Thanks for this! @sb87 :crazy_face:

Especially when they obliterate records as iā€™m sure Freetrade will.

Better yet, If they time the round to coincide with the release of fractional shares, thatā€™d be a sick marketing play!

More importantly, Iā€™m really happy to see Freetrade do a public raise because to show they can raise Ā£1m+ in this current climate, wellā€¦ It will just send a very important public signal that crowdfunding is an invaluable form of capital; Hopefully drawing in the Freetrades of tomorrow to follow suit.

1 Like

I still donā€™t get why we cannot have all the UK Vanguard funds in the app. Since launching weā€™ve had tons of questionable micro cap stocks added to the app, but not any core ones. I really donā€™t get it. Itā€™s not a liquidity issue, itā€™s not regulatory issue, itā€™s not trade valume issue. This is the one thing that I really cannot find an explanation to.

3 Likes

Ha, That didnā€™t age well :rofl:

3 Likes

And in only 3 hours. Thatā€™s quite amazing :clap: :smile:

Most of my money is in a SIPP. Once freetrade adds this feature Iā€™m transferring those assets over in a heartbeat.

1 Like

That was brilliant timing :grin:

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.