Post your Money-Weighted rate of return- MWRR

254%. Thanks to GGP for that.

5 Likes

I love Tesla and Square, money machines! :moneybag::moneybag:

1 Like

How have you managed to get a display of your MWRR since you began investing? I opened my Freetrade account in November 2019… mine only shows from 2nd March 2020, which I think was when they migrated everyone over to the new investing platform?

Also a question for someone who knows more about MWRR than me. For quite a while I held a lot of cash in my account without investing it. I just had it there as another storage place for my money. Does this affect MWRR negatively?

My MWR is broken. I only bought one stock on my non-isa account (and sold 2 free stocks worth nothing) and it’s up roughly 20% compared to how much i invested. MWR shows me 115%.

1 Like

After seeing all these, I certainly won’t be posting mine out of shame :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

c

Can’t complain.

6 Likes

Thank you GGP :pray:

12 Likes

Oh wow :clap:

Whats the secret?!

2 Likes

I’m pleased with that but hope for more now I’m half weighted in ggp :joy:

1 Like

Hmm I wonder which mining stock it is :face_with_monocle::star_struck:

2 Likes

-6% as a new starter invested at the wrong time last week of August mainly tech. Picked up stocks at the peak just before market started to crash :frowning:

7 Likes

Fantastic return :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Started investing via ISA on the 9th of July. In August the shares went up by a suspicious amount. Sold all US shares at market open on the 3rd of September because everything looked overbought - took profit, and by the way the market moved that day, I wasn’t wrong.

Took a more defensive approach when I bought back into the market on the 7th of September. My MWRR is basically that August rally and the gains since then have been offset by the trading costs.

Missed the March opportunity despite fully knowing that it was the best opportunity since 2008 as it was time to remortgage with or without the pandemic meltdown. I couldn’t say no to cutting my borrowing costs to less than half, reduce the monthly outgoings, and have a deal where the overpayment can be used as credit for payment holidays in case everything goes a bit pear shaped in the cash flow department.

So, this is my story so far.

5 Likes

If you know you know

1 Like

zThought this was good until I’ve seen the +400% here :exploding_head:

1 Like

And the prize goes to…

Stephen! :partying_face: :clap:

You officially have bragging rights of Freetrade (so far). :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Haha excellent!

I’m sure there are others out there waiting to show their 500%+ values.

For me it was a combination of GGP, EUA coming out of suspension and gambling with SOU when it shot up briefly.

I decided to pull all my money out after the success to pay off a debt, but now I am back in the game and have taken a new position in GGP, actually I bought late in the day Friday (22p) and then suddenly up it shot to 27p so I am hoping that is a good sign.

3 Likes