Renewable energy companies ☀ ♻

As you may already know that our planet is not in such a great shape at the moment. I think more and more countries will start to develop all kinds of methods to the renewable energy. So how can we all get involved in this space. New startups companies will need new generations of investors.

3 Likes

You can invest in investment trusts related to the sector.

In this post I mention 3 renewable energy infrastructure trusts (TRIG is solar and wind). Please vote for the ones not yet available in Freetrade, so the rest of us can get involved :slight_smile:

1 Like

If you actually want to invest in renewable energy with the view of that money being used to produce something, then try somewhere like Abundance who host schemes. Right now there’s a tidal farm in Scotland looking for funding on there.

Investing in TRIG isn’t actually you putting money into the industry, except when they do a corporate action to raise more money, which you’ve just missed this past week.

1 Like

Welcome to the forums, great post! I’ve invested in a bunch of ETFs and stocks like 3i Infrastructure and Tesla. The rest aren’t available on Freetrade yet but include SMA Solar, Greencoat Wind and Foresight Solar. TRIG is a good alternative for now as others have mentioned.

3 Likes

Does Freetrade have any REITs available yet?

It’d be good if they had a stock, fund, index, REIT roadmap to indicate approximate timelines for them coming to the platform.

1 Like

They offer at least 1 REIT: FCPT.

To get other REITs added, please vote for REIT stock requests, such as mine mentioned here: Property & Infrastructure Investment Trusts.

2 Likes

Thanks - I was going to ask about some US REITs - however, I’m uncertain if UK investors are taxed holding US REITs, even if their wrapped in an ISA?

P.S. The renewable infrastructure REITs look good :+1:

1 Like

FSFL - Foresight solar fund and it yields about 5.6%.

1 Like