[Request] - ARK Innovation ETF - ARKK - [NON COMPLIANT]

Not as of yet.

Absolutely essential ETF

No kiidding!

3 Likes

I am aware the we cannot bring ARK to the UK yet but what if Freetrade puts on the stock list everything that ark invest buys into. :grin:

Indeed, that would be really appreciated

You can sign up for a delay email via Arkk themselves that detail their daily buys and sells via their website.

When is this going to be added? It’s currently the 4th most requested stock and we have been waiting for literally two years. I personally have 50k GBP to move into this fund once it’s available.

If you read above, its unavailable in the UK unless you’re an accredited investor.

4 Likes

sorry, I missed that. Interesting, it seems it is possible if you have over 250k in assets or an income of 100k.

I guess this would require a lot of work on the app to add the option of proving you’re an accredited investor and I’m also guessing most users are young people who don’t have/earn that much. However, even if there are only a few accredited investors on the platform, they’d be making bigger trades and paying more fees. I hope we have this option one day.

2 Likes

It’s possible we’d change the rules next year as we’d be able to easily (U.K. law/regulations) but I’m not sure if there’s an appetite to do so

All of the top 10 holdings are on Freetrade (haven’t checked the rest) and they publish their daily trades, if you really wanted you could invest in all of the companies within the ETF and sell/buy when they do.

1 Like

Could Freetrade kidnap a KIID so we can add ARK INVEST? lol

I can second this, TW lets you buy US ETFs without any issues.

Who are TW?

1 Like

Tastyworks. I guess they’re American so maybe there’s a loophole there.

Oh I see. Yeah, they’re US so dont have to follow UK regulatory requirements

However, it seems ARKK is now (recently?) UCITS compliant

4 Likes

That’s interesting, still can’t find it listed on any of the platforms yet under this UCITS fund name.

How does Stake have all the ARK invest etf, when they also regulated by the FCA?

1 Like

They are supposed to have designated you as an accredited investor. Not sure of their standard but £250k minimum was mentioned on another thread.