[Request] SPDR SSGA Gender Diversity Index ETF (SHE)

Request SPDR SSGA Gender Diversity Index ETF (SHE)

1 Like

I like the idea but note in their pitch they only mention men or women. I would have thought in todays world that may upset some. Think maybe the name should have been more about female than diversity. I’m 100% for anything to promote equality etc but can’t help think it is a white mans idea from the parent company to make money. :rofl: Might buy some though and gets my vote.

1 Like

US ETFs unfortunately can’t be added in the UK at the moment. You need to find a UCITS version.

2 Likes

Hey, would you mind expanding on what this means a little? I’m a bit of a beginner so not positive how to find that version :relaxed:

1 Like

Hi @Sophhump

Basically US ETF’s are only available to UK buyers if the broker can certify that you’re a ‘sophisticated investor’ Freetrade don’t have a system for such verification.

More information can be found here - https://www.justetf.com/uk/academy/us-etfs-how-to-buy-the-best-equivalent-etfs-in-the-uk.html

Never worry about being a beginner 1 everyone has to start at 0.

’ if the broker can certify that you’re a ‘sophisticated investor’ Freetrade don’t have a system for such verification.’
Is this on the roadmap?

Nothing so far Stock trading (zero commission) & investment app | Freetrade

1 Like

Ahhh thanks so much Neil, that makes sense now. Thanks for sharing!

1 Like

@NielB @Sophhump Thanks for this. This ETF piqued my interest so I looked up a few details. The problem with this ETF is not only that it is not UCITS compliant it but also it fails another general but related legal test. By law certain stocks must have a Key Investor Information Document / Key Information Document available before investors can purchase them. This ETF does not provide that information.

BTW, look at the main holdings of the ETF … they are all big companies of the S&P 500 variety (e.g. Salesforce, Netflix and Walt Disney)

This ETF is a stock pick. So if you have a S&P 500 ETF or a World index ETF you aren’t losing out. Be aware of what you get when you go for these thematic ETF’s :- know what you are eating.

2 Likes