Seraphim Space Investment Trust 🚀🛰 - SSIT

Been trying to sell since last week Tuesday…just keep getting rejected sale order. Very frustrating

If you jump on live chat / email hello@freetrade.io the team will be able to tell you why each trade failed but I can guess it’ll be down to our old friend liquidity, more info here but this is the key section.

Low liquidity can also mean that orders simply fail, as no market makers are willing to provide a competitive quote at that moment in time.
Sadly for investors, these potential problems aren’t going to disappear.

spread for SSIT = 3.5%

I’m guessing this means Freetrade won’t execute orders outside is a certain % to protect you.

If you try to break the trade down into smaller parts you might have more success.

Appreciate the response Neil, yeah I’m well aware of low liquidity issues. I haven’t bothered wasting supports time with the query as that was my assumption also. My post was more of a rant if I’m honest. Just surprised thats it’s almost been a week, never had it so bad before. Yeah tried the smaller quantity sell but no luck.

Just how the cookie crumbles I guess.

1 Like

That’s a shame, it normally works. Keep an eye on yahoo finance and when you see the bid/ask spread shorten a bit more it might work better? It is a pain though.

Good idea, will defo do that. Thanks mate.

The Current market cap means their investments made are trading at a 40% discount. (Market Cap - Minus) / Investment value

As at 31 March 2022, the Company had net assets of £250m, comprising £188m of investments (75% of NAV) and cash of £62.3m (25% of NAV). The top 10 holdings, the focus of this trading update, represented 91% of the portfolio at fair value as at 31 March 2022.

2 Likes

What the hell happened here?
Oh, its in growth capital sector. So no surprise there.
Everything is being tarred with the same brush.
Looking at the winner of falling of a cliff chrysalis. I have been watching it on Hargreaves Lansdown. The NAV is actually chasing the share price down!
On the otherhand seraphim over 1 year has had no meaningful fall in NAV (again using Hargreaves Lansdown)
But chrysalis has its investments valued independently and Quarterly.
I would want to know how ssit does its valuation before saying its doing well (NAV only) also how much cash has it got? As this could be a buying opportunity?
Look at chrysalis over 5 years looking good and then

the cliff
2 parts to the fall for chrysalis
The risk free gilt yield has risen which tend to hit growth hard and the ridiculous valuation of some profit free high growth companies.
The former effects ssit no idea if the latter does
Note i have no knowledge of the actual companies ssit invest in but it wouldn’t really matter. Wrong sector.

As an aside i have reminder on my phone to check chrysalis NAV/share price every week. It will bottom out eventually. As will ssit.
Odd when i type ssit i am offered an alternative spelling, guess?

This is one to watch if you are interested in a space. Not on the market but intends on doing so one day. Thinking of 2024

Works with nasa, European space agency, rolls royce part owned by BAE and rolls royce
Anyway if anyone is going to make it…they might!!
https://www.google.com/search?q=reaction+engines+ltd+shares&oq=Reaction+Engines+Limited&aqs=chrome.6.0i355i512j46i199i465i512j0i512j0i22i30l5.9990j0j4&client=tablet-android-samsung-nf-rev1&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8
I held onto an investment trust called Artemis Alpha for to long because they owned some reaction engines shares.