Series B

£100bn / 200 :wink:

p.s. no idea just guessing

I read that “Sources said on Monday that the funding round comprised roughly £35m of new shares, with the remainder made up of sales by existing Freetrade investors.” in the sky link.

1 Like

Shame that it looks like there’s no allocation for the crowd this time

Adam’s said numerous times there is a crowdfunding later this year. There is a cap on how much they can raise in a 12 month period.

13 Likes

That might come in a few months

1 Like

agreed, he even replied to crowdcube twitter threads and said they can’t wait to do it again.
Also confirmed in the last zoom call that they will crowdfund in multiple markets to work around the cap.
So, it’s coming. Start stashing money away.

5 Likes

Does anyone know at what valuation or can guess?

Well, it was agreed in December and it’s a big funding round (so would have benefitted from some discount to retail investors) so I guess based on the 300k users at the time between 3.50 and 4.00 a share.

8 Likes

I would be interested to hear more about who sold the £15m. Was it crowd investors or company insiders…

1 Like

If I was a betting man which I am,then I would say Adam Viktor will defo have taken a wee bonus. They deserve something.

2 Likes

£3.50/£4.00 a share in December is now worth double that (in my opinion)

3 Likes

At the moment it’s confidential but I’m sure they will update Class B shareholders and the community in due course :slight_smile:

1 Like

Soon :+1::rofl:

1 Like

I don’t have a clue how they work these things out. If the deal was done in December BEFORE the madness then I reckon you can add on another 150-200 million to what they would have valued Freetrade in December

Lots of us are speculating but it would be good to have some definites

1 Like

By the same token if the May crowdfunding was done after the GME saga, the share price would be triple. At the end of the day, the VCs invested based on the performance in December, took a risk, so they deserve to do well if the progress in January improved the valuation.
At the time, things could have gone either way. Imagine some sort of system meltdown in January, which completely destroyed the brand.

42 posts were merged into an existing topic: Announcing our Series B

A post was merged into an existing topic: Announcing our Series B

I’m closing this thread with the pre-Series B chat so that everything post-announcement is now on the new thread: