Social Capital $IPOD, $IPOE & $IPOF

I’m not holding out much hope. He said he lead another PIPE recently and that was some other spac that wasn’t available on FT :frowning:

Twitter and press releases

The single page investment thesis for both these deals

1 Like

there’s so Much accountin fraud inIndia I’ll pass on this… Chamath’s $ACTC ((Proterra)) signeda new contract for EV buses, up 6% today

Yeah that would annoy the hell out of me

Guess he has just forgotten about getting deals done for his own spacs… Pi$$ed

No but seriously , why does he think there are so many great deals out there which he can’t help but jump on then just leave his biggest space sitting dormont. What is not happening for them to go ahead???

Totally missed judged this social capital spac set up.

Yep. I agree with you. While I’m sure Chamath will deliver strong targets in the end – or at least some decent profits for us – I’m not a fan of him being heavily involved in other PIPEs. As soon as his involvement is public knowledge, many retail investors go gaga for the SPACs, leaving the likes of IPOD and IPOF to take a hit, albeit temporary.

He is just throwing money at walls and seeing what sticks.

That’s not an investment strategy I was hoping to follow.

Ipod and ipof better be sofi reputation companies and soon or I am out.

And he seems to love using Twitter to tease retail investors. :angry:

1 Like

And I bet he will not use any of his currently open spac’s for the climate change investment he is talking about.

If he doesn’t then it’s over for me.

$IPOF nearly at NAV - looks like the ability to buy in without the 50% Chamath hype mark up

1 Like

Do you believe there are still target companies out there? Spac mania may have thinned the heard so to speak. :crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

I feel there are still some decent companies to be had but certainly not enough to go round. Chamath is worth backing at NAV but not with 50% that we saw at the peak.

1 Like

Hi Neil, can you find any info on what their doing to find a target company? Would be more reassuring if we knew they were actively looking. The web page for ipof etc is so poor.

My only ‘insight’ is listening to the all in podcast and hoping Chamath drops a breadcrumb but he’s a pretty smooth operator and knows what he’s doing.
There will lots of SPAC’s going to the wall in 18/24 months so wouldn’t but in much above NAV.

Call me an optimist if you must by $IPOF dropping below NAV is a huge buying signal.

Is there any rumours for $IPOF? Any thoughts on targets?

If it’s Starlink then I’ll get “I LOVE AJ Bell” tattooed on my forehead.

7 Likes

How many parts of your body is that now?

5 Likes

I’d get a tattoo of a @CashCow with love AJ bell on the forehead, on my forehead! :joy::joy:

1 Like