🚀 Spaaace ... The Final Frontier 🛰

2 Likes

And “action” for moon landing

(Joke)

2 Likes

A perfect example of history being written by the victors.

3 Likes

Didn’t realise Russians had a space station in the 70s. Will check it out.

I also didn’t realise for a long time that they landed on Venus. It’s annoying that conflict/propaganda doesn’t let us celebrate human achievements.

Similar to how we don’t see China lauded in the west much for their massive achievement of bringing people out of poverty.

3 Likes

They’re working on the new Chinese station and it gets almost 0 coverage. Some space news sites are better than others, it’s hard to be country agnostic but it’s rewarding just focusing on the rocket/achievement.

One of my favorite rockets is the Russian Proton, the shape of the flame coming off the bottom looks amazing.

1 Like
1 Like

The Double Asteroid Redirection Test (DART) is the first-ever trial of a “planetary defence system”.

If the orbit of an asteroid can be changed by an object sent into space, humanity may have a chance at protecting itself from the kind of disaster that did it for the dinosaurs.

4 Likes

Aside from a successful SLS launch, this is likely the most exciting launch anytime soon. Not only first Falcon heavy look great as it climbs but you also get the double booster return.

1 Like

When real life feels like sci-fi

4 Likes
3 Likes

I wanted to use this to burn Virgin Galatic and Bezos’s Folly but honestly, it’s written so beautifully it seems to cheap to score points with it.

2 Likes
2 Likes

This feels like the sort of thing that should have a longer deadline line than 2 months. Maybe they’ve briefed this before to potential contractors but I can’t imagine there are many companies with this capability just sitting on a desktop somewhere.

3 Likes

It wouldn’t be a starship launch if I didn’t watch future passenger Everyday Astronaut’s coverage. Tim is a top tier space broadcaster of the highest order and will fly on starship as part of Dear Moon so has a unique perspective

1 Like

Lets hope the lift-off window remains open!

1 Like

Did you jinx it @Coolsmp ?

They post a thirst trap like this this

Then …

1 Like

Shame I can’t predict the stock market

Not huge confidence in Sat either…

1 Like

2 Likes