Suggestion: Allow fractions of a penny on limit orders above 1GBP

Any limit order above a pound only accepts 2 decimal places. I don’t know if it’s a FreeTrade/UI specific issue rather than the services they connect to, but there’s been a few occasions where I’d like to place the limit order at say, £1.005 rather than £1.00 or £1.01

What are those occasions?
If you type 1.01 instead of 1.005 it should buy you the same amount of shares? Since I don’t think a share should (or could - at least not for long) be worth less than 1p.
Also, £ 1.005 is not an actual value, it doesn’t really exist as 1p is the smallest fraction of a pound in practical terms (I know it exists in financial transactions).

If you type 1.01 instead of 1.005 it should buy you the same amount of shares? Since I don’t think a share should (or could - at least not for long) be worth less than 1p.

Typing 1.01 means one pound and one pence.

Also, £ 1.005 is not an actual value, it doesn’t really exist as 1p is the smallest fraction of a pound in practical terms (I know it exists in some financial transactions).

If a share’s SP is below £1, you can put a limit order using fractions of a penny in Freetrade. If the price is beyond £1, you cannot.

1 Like