Taylor Wimpey - TW - Share Chat

It’s interesting as around the industry his handling of the early pandemic was well respected and many of his decisions were copied by other large builders. He’s also been in charge for 15 years so to quit as soon at Eillot turned up suggests he must have been thinking of jump jumping ship.

Send them your CV @Jakeisme

1 Like

UK government wanting £4B off major house builders for the cladding issues from the grenfell fire. Bringing the prices down.

Will keep adding it it drops a bit lower tho. I think this is good long term. Seems to have regular dips and peaks but as I am planning long term hold I’m not too concerned.

1 Like

Elliott will not be happy with the choice of Group Operations Director Jennie Daly.

Let’s hope this can start to push upwards again…please ha

Does anyone else think this is starting to turn now? Seems to be up a bit over the week and month now🤞

2 Likes

Looking good so far , nice to be in the green with this

2 Likes

Personally I have pulled back on my positions for PSN, TW and RDW. At best I feel they will trade in a range for a while and at worst I think they have further to fall still over the coming year. At this point I am more comfortable maintaing a ‘fair’ cash position to see how it all plays out with rate hikes and inflation.

Once there is more certainty around the economy I will definetley build on these positions again but whether thats at a higher or lower SP to now only time will tell!

1 Like

House builders are facing the pincer of rising material costs AND rising interest rates will slow house prices and affect what their customers can borrow.

Forward booked revenue (exchanged plots) & average build costs will be the key metrics to keep an eye on.

6 Likes

Hi all.

Is this time to worry or buy more?

Personally I think there’s still room for a better entry level (or re-entry level in my case!).

1 Like

I keep buying everytime they drop 10p to keep averaging down. But planning to hold long term.

1 Like

I am going to keep buying on the down.

2 Likes

TW has a new boss, after a decade-plus of consistent leadership, any dip in the market will be a test for her.

I wouldn’t enter a position until we see the first signs of inflation breaking & talk about interest rate stability.

There is an argument I buy that posits that house prices aren’t a function of supply and demand (like a typical market) but are better linked to a combination of high employment & low interest rates.

4 Likes

Well I can’t really wonder why my shares here are just constantly plummeting given I drive past two of their current larger building sites and haven’t seen a single workman in over a month on either of them. Although what worries me is, this is just what I can see on the way to work… :grimacing:

Is it a good time to buy more shares in Taylor wimpey or hold just hold what I’ve got? I’m new to investing so just trying to get to grips with what I’m doing. :see_no_evil:

1 Like

Personally I am planning on long term hold for dividends. I will probably be tempted to buy some more at £1 (any day now). I’m expecting not to break even for a while but I intend to ride it out with money I know I won’t need for a year or two. But as they always say not advice, but is my current approach.

1 Like

I agree with @Jakeisme if and when got money I would be topping up and just wait
My AVG is about 1.18 so it’s been killed recently

Decided to purchase more today and average down somewhat. Hopefully won’t live to regret it in the years to come :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Iv been very tempted to do the same. But it’s hard pushing the button with all the unknowns :frowning:

1 Like